site hacked six times

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:11 pm
A server where I have set up a website with the template Sporter says the cause for which the site has been hacked 6 times, is because the 2.5.8 version is outdated, that is not in 3.0.2. You can deny or accept this reason?

Thank you for your prompt response.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:13 pm
Hi,

You should upgrade your Joomla! to version 2.5.9 not 3.0.2 (btw current version of the 3.* line is 3.0.3).
Administrator

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:33 pm
Automatically to the site is not getting the new version, but my question is whether by not having the latest version 3.0.3 is the reason of hacking?...
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:40 pm
Joomla! 3.0.3 isn't the latest version in your case. Joomla! has currently two lines:

- STS - this is a Joomla! 3.0.* line
- LTS - this is a Joomla! 2.5.* line

So in your case the latest version is 2.5.9 not 3.0.3 - if you're using the latest version of Joomla! 2.5.* then you are safe if your configuration is safe.

Practically I recommend two things:

* Upgrade your Joomla! to 2.5.9
* Make an automatic security audit using this page: http://myjoomla.com/

Then you will know about potential configuration problems and vulnerable extensions. Using of the latest version of Joomla! doesn't mean that you're safe. Hackers can use vulnerablities in your installed extensions, too big permissions in your directories/files, vulnerabilities in the hosting configuration etc.
Administrator

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.