Sporter for Joomla! 2.5

GK User
Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:36 pm
Dear Sirs,

In your area update I found the version for joomla 2.5 template Sporter and I would like to migrate to this version from joomla 1.5. Before you make the trek, I would ask if the version for joomla 2.5 is "responsive" as your new template?

best regards

Walter
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Hi

Unfortunately Sporter template is not responsive and since it's over 2years old it will not be updated with this functionality.

GK User
Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:40 am
This is a nice template for the sport and it would be useful to upgrade to version responsive.
have the old template, update in responsive would be a good service to your customers.

with best regards

Walter
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:58 pm
Hi

I understand, but we are just trying to keep the highest service possible. This is why we can focus on only 2 last years of our work, which is already 24 templates. Please look at our latest releases. I believe You will find a template which will fill Your needs and will also have a responsive option.

GK User
Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:58 am
@teitbite Can you point some "criticial things/files" we have to edit in order to have the sporter template runable in J2.5? (only "make it possible in J2.5 no extra things like responsive and so on...)

Thanks a lot.

I think sporter is still one of the best looking sport templates out there so not having it for J2.5/J3.0 is a real pity.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:32 pm
Hi

This is not so simple. It's using a different framework, set of functions and structure. I believe it is possible to take some default joomla template than replace it's intex.php file with sporter's /layout/default.php code than fill the gaps with css and js files. Unfortunatelly You will need to have some basic knowledge about PHP and HTML to put it all together.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.