Gk4 Image Module bug with unpublishing Your Slides

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:42 am
Hello,

I discovered a bug with the Gk4 Image Show Module that wasn't a problem in previous version 1.7 template of Black & White.

Within the Your Slides section of this module, the ability to unpublish an item by clicking the green circled check to the left of the word public doesn't unpublish the item when clicked. The item remains published while the tooltip displays "Unpublish This Slide".

The reverse however works. When the item is already unplublished, it can be published by simply clicking the green check where the tooltip reads "Publish This Slide". This works fine. However, if I try to in a second click republish the same item, I am unable to.

As a work around I have to go in and edit the item manually and set it to Unpublished.

Please correct and send me the updated files to replace the broken ones, or advise how to resolve on my end.

I have been finding bugs with this new 2.5 template which are making me want to switch back to 1.7. I'm more than happy to stay on 2.5 so long as you read my bug reports and update the affected files.

Regards

Amador

url: http://www.reichertpaint.com/reichert_new

- Joomla! version: 2.5.1
- PHP 5.2.17 and MySQL version 5.1.60
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:54 pm
Hi

Please send me the access to Your joomla panel.

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:33 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

I e-mailed you the info needed to log in and check things out. Feel free to respond via e-mail or here if preferred.

Thanks

Amador
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:37 pm
NetMasterFlex wrote:

I e-mailed you the info needed to log in and check things out. Feel free to respond via e-mail or here if preferred.

Thanks

Amador

I contacted my host and I will be updating the php version tonight. We'll see if this resolves some of the problems I've been having with the new Joomla version and 2.5 template.

Amador
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:55 am
After updating to PHP 5.3.10, I'm still seeing the bug with this one as described above.

Amador
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Hi

I got the access. Unfortunately I cannot get into the module. Can You please log off from it ?

GK User
Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:09 am

I got the access. Unfortunately I cannot get into the module. Can You please log off from it ?

Ok, try it now.

Thanks

Amador
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:34 am

Any Update on this? If you need anything else let me know. Also would like to know when resolved so I can adjust site access.

Thanks

Amador
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:00 pm
Ok, looks like this problem doesn't happen with Internet Explorer 8. It seems to be happening with Firefox 3.5.3 and above. Hope this helps. Firefox has no add-ons such as script blockers etc if that helps.

Amador
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Any update Teitbite?

Amador
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.