iPhone Layout submenus not working

GK User
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:33 pm
Hi, I'm testing iPhone submenus of template Black&White in this URL https://it.mgscreativa.com.ar/bw/. I know is a very old template but I need to get iPhone submenus working because i'm modifying a client's website.

The issue is that, even in this fresh installed B&W template using quickstart, iPhone menus don't get menu childs!

Some advise will be very appreciated!

Thanks!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:40 pm
Forget about it. I needed to change my user agent or view test site from my iPhone to get proper menu working.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:21 pm
You can also use Chrome phone emulation in dev tools - it helps a lot.

GK User
Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 pm
Yep, thats whay I'm doing now...Thanks for the advise!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:26 pm
If you have any additional questions regarding this topic, please let me know.

GK User
Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:53 pm
Hi, I have detected a new issue with this template. If i browse this page http://www.didomenicapalermo.com.ar/ with my iPhone 6, menus work just fine, I can access "ventas" submenu and see his items, but if I browse the site with Chrome phone emulation set to Galaxy SIII the menu stops working and I can't access submenu items, to do so I have to close the menu and open it again, and after taht, I can see the submenu.

Can you test it?

Any advise will be welcome.

Thanks!

Edit: Maybe this console error log can help Uncaught TypeError: filterjq(...).typing is not a function
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:46 pm
Default template doesn't show this error. Perhaps it is some 3rd party extension causing it?

GK User
Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:56 pm
Yep, you have to turn on Chrome phone emulation and try to navigate the main menu with a Google Nexus 10 or Samsung Galaxy SIII device...if you try with an iPhone 6 device it works as expected.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:31 am
Well, as far as I can help you with some development things, this is a very old template and it is not supported anymore :(.
Also, this template was created when mobile devices was not considered at all, so menu script doesn't react on any "tap" type of clicks. The only thing on easy "fixing" would be to use main menu 1rst level elements as placeholders (not clickable) and left only submenu items as clickable.

GK User
Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:56 pm
Hi, I think it has something to do with User Agent detection, because it does work on some devices. The special mobile menu javascript is loaded on iPhone 6 for example, but it's not loaded on some (not all) Android devices.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:16 pm
I would bet more on different behave of the devices. There is no browser detection algorithm in a JS supporting drop down menus.

GK User
Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:14 pm
Great, I found the issue, As I set all layouts o use the iphone layout, the menu loading thing got confused. Fixed it by changing line 227 of gk.framework.php to this

Code: Select all
            if(($this->browser->get('browser') == 'iphone' && $this->getParam('iphone_layout', 'iphone')!='iphone') || ($this->browser->get('browser') == 'android' && $this->getParam('android_layout', 'android')!='iphone') || ($this->browser->get('browser') == 'handheld' && $this->getParam('handheld_layout', 'handheld')!='iphone')){
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:10 pm
couldIf you have any additional questions regarding this topic, please let me know.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.