Social API icons still displaying when set to OFF

GK User
Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:22 pm
Hello,

I just installed your Black & White Template quickstart package. Everything installed successfully however, when I try to remove the Social network Icons from the homepage by setting everything to Off in the Social API section of the template, the facebook and twitter icons still remain. How can I remove them for now?

url: www.reichertpaint.com/reichert_new

- Joomla! version: 2.5.1
- PHP 5.2.17 and MySQL version 5.1.60

I had previously installed your Quickstart for Joomla 1.7, but uninstalled and installed the 2.5 version following your e-mail. There was no problem disabling the social media icons on the previous version.

Any advice as to how I can fix this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Amador Torrez
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:00 pm
Hi

You can always disable it using this code in css:

Code: Select all
a#gkIconsTwitter,
a#gkIconsFacebook {
display:none;
}

GK User
Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:30 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

a#gkIconsTwitter,
a#gkIconsFacebook {
}

I'll give that a try, but doesn't it still mean something is broken about the template if it's not letting me remove those icons from the template backend gui?

Also, which css file do I need to make this change in?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:49 am
NetMasterFlex wrote:

a#gkIconsTwitter,
a#gkIconsFacebook {
}

I'll give that a try, but doesn't it still mean something is broken about the template if it's not letting me remove those icons from the template backend gui?

Also, which css file do I need to make this change in?

Is there a CORRECT place in the admin area where these social network items can be made invisible and switched back on later?

If it is located in the Template Manager\Template\Social API section, then this is apparently broken in the 2.5 version of the black & White template.

If not can you please tell me where I need to go in the admin area to make the adjustment?

If it is a bug, can you please fix and provide an ETA or plan to send an update to all Black & White Template owners?

Thanks

Amador Torrez

url: http://www.reichertpaint.com/reichert_new

- Joomla! version: 2.5.1
- PHP 5.2.17 and MySQL version 5.1.60
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:38 pm
Hi

I've just installed the template and looks like this feauture is working form me just fine. It's hard to tell what is wrong with Your installation, please check file permissions and also try upgrade PHP. PHP 5.3.X is recommended for J2.5.

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:03 pm

I've just installed the template and looks like this feauture is working form me just fine. It's hard to tell what is wrong with Your installation, please check file permissions and also try upgrade PHP. PHP 5.3.X is recommended for J2.5.

Teitbite,

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I am fairly new to gavick's templates and still getting the hang of Joomla. Which files do I need to check perms on? The php version is controlled by my web host so I"m at their mercy for upgrading php.

Which css file do I add the lines you suggested in your earlier post? This is plan B in case the file perms doesn't resolve the issue.

I'm alluding to php version which might be the problem per this functionality works with the 1.7 install of joomla and 1.7 version of the template.

If I keep running into problems, I may just downgrade back to 1.7 until my webhost updates php.

Please advise on included questions above.

Thanks

Amador
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:35 pm
NetMasterFlex wrote:

Teitbite,

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I am fairly new to gavick's templates and still getting the hang of Joomla. Which files do I need to check perms on? The php version is controlled by my web host so I"m at their mercy for upgrading php.

Which css file do I add the lines you suggested in your earlier post? This is plan B in case the file perms doesn't resolve the issue.

I'm alluding to php version which might be the problem per this functionality works with the 1.7 install of joomla and 1.7 version of the template.

If I keep running into problems, I may just downgrade back to 1.7 until my webhost updates php.

Thanks

Amador

I contacted my host and I will be updating the php version tonight. We'll see if this resolves some of the problems I've been having with the new Joomla version and 2.5 template.

Amador
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:54 am
NetMasterFlex wrote:
NetMasterFlex wrote:

Teitbite,

Thanks

Amador

I contacted my host and I will be updating the php version tonight. We'll see if this resolves some of the problems I've been having with the new Joomla version and 2.5 template.

Amador

Ok! I found the solution. The control for the social network icons are found under the "Elements" area of the Template admin. I did up the version of php to 5.3.10 so maybe that allowed those setting to become available as they weren't there prior to my updating php.

You can close this discussion.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:10 am
Hi

Ok. Glad to hear it's working :)

GK User
Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:26 pm
I have the latest version of University and up-to-date PHP... I have disabled the Login with Facebook within the Template yet the Log in with Facebook button still appears on our site.

PHP Version 5.4.16
Joomla 3.5.1
University Template v3.20.1
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:19 pm
Hi

I've just checked the code and conditions for facebook login are correct:

<?php if($this->API->get('fb_login', '0') == 1) : ?>

please send me an access to joomla panel so I'll check why it's showing that it's ON while it's not actually ;/

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.