Contact Form in PenguinMail

GK User
Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 am
Hi,

I suspect that it might not be a template issue but a Joomla issue.

I have searched online, but can't find any answers (even though there are alot of people who have had the problem)

I have setup a website contact through Contacts and linked it to a menu, so that people who view my website can get in contact with me. I have the following issues:
1. No confirmation email gets sent to the person who posted the comment / email (even though box requesting copy is ticked) (have tested this myself)
2. The website address does not get the email sent either.

Have tried everything (well... not the corect way to do it though)

In global configuration in the backend, I have an email called [email protected]
In the contact setup, I have entered the same email address.

My website is a work in progress, and can be viewed here:

http://www.propertyscapes.com.au/jupgrade2/

I love the template. It is a PenguinMail one.

Can anyone assist?

Cheers.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:01 am
By the way.

Am using Joomla 2.5.8
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:12 am
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel. I have it working on my site, so I'm going to compare the settings.

GK User
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:12 am
Hi,

Have just sent you details to your gmail account.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

T
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 pm
Hi

Looks like problem can be in server settings after all. You should talk to Your host provider and ask how mail should be configured. I've tried couple of settings in joomla global configuration for mail, but without knowing the correct access to SMTP I cannot do much.

teitbite
Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:43 pm
Hi

Ok. Lets make a test to see if it's beciase of a template after all. Please rename /html/com_contact to /html/_com_contact . This will disable any file connected with contact form and our template. After this please see if it works.

GK User
Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:33 pm
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was waiting for a response to my private email address, and forgot about hopping onto the forum.

I guess it should be discussed here, as it might be of interest to other users.

OK...

I assume the directory you are talking about is in the Templates folder. Refer to the attached picture for path and also template contents.

There is no directory called /html/com_contact.

Is this where I should be looking?

Thanks.

Templeton
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:23 pm
Hi

Sorry, what I meant was com_content . This is a folder with override for content files from joomla component.

GK User
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:37 pm
Hi,

No change.

I sent a message via the contact form and there is no 'copy' in my own private email and there is no comment in my incoming mail folder.

To check, I just sent an email from hotmail to my website domain email and it is there. (so email works fine)

I assume that means that it is not the template?

Would it have anything to do with File Permisions?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:58 pm
Hi

I think it can be connected with configuration or PHP settings. I realy do notk know much about mails. Anyway I've tried to copy a configuration from my site where it works, so please maybe ask Your host provider to help with this, because settings are done correctly and I do not know why it's not working, maybe they will spot something.

GK User
Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:48 pm
For some reason, this problem seems to have sorted itself out.

It must have been something done at the hosting account.

Thanks for your insight into this.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:32 am
Hi

Yes this is what I was suspecting. All settings for mail was fine from the start :)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.