menu item problem with multi-language

GK User
Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:48 am
Hi there,

I had done the multi-language setting steps to have "EN", and "TW" 2 languages (and keep "All" in the menu manager) exist in my site. The module Language Switcher runs well but found one problem:

If I add a new menu item (say "test") to "All" (Main Menu), then "test" will be shown for both "EN", and "TW" menu in front-end. But the new menu item I add to "EN" (Menu for EN Language) or "TW" (Menu for TW Language) won't show in front-end for both languages. Also, the change to the existing menu item title of "EN" or "TW" are invalid, the front-end still show the "All" one.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:44 pm
Hi,

I'm not much clear yet, if possible, please let me check into your site to try to replicate the issue myself to help you better, send me access info via a PM as well.

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:06 am
Hi Don,

Since I'm trying the multi-language setting in my laptop as development environment. Will have a online development environment for your checking in days.

Thanks in advance.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:44 pm
Thank you, let me know when it's ready.

Have a nice day,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 02, 2012 8:58 am
hi Don,

I had PM you for the development environment information for your checking.

many thanks,
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 02, 2012 5:02 pm
Fixed it for you. The problem was that you missed to do a step that's to create separate templates for each language and I did this for you.

In template manager I duplicated penguinmail template twice and named them as "gk_penguinmail - TW" and "gk_penguinmail - EN", in each I have assigned language and menu to display for each accordingly. Check to see what I've done.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 03, 2012 2:56 am
Hi Don,

Yes, I saw what you had done. The menus by language work fine now. But, the current homepage layout can only be assigned to one language (as I change the setting: Menus / Main Menu EN / Home for EN Language / Module Assignment for this Menu Item / mod_tabs_gk4 (Public in header) / Language -> <specified language>).

How can I have separated homepage modules by languages?

Many thanks,
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 03, 2012 3:09 am
Ok, I got it. Duplicate the modules I want for separated homepage by languages.

Thanks,
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 03, 2012 3:51 pm
Yes, it's that :D feel free to let me know if you need any further helps.

Have a nice day,
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.