Social Share Button

GK User
Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:03 am
Hello,

My client asked me to add the social share button at the end of the article and not on the top, i ve seen any option in the back-end to configure them. There is any possibility to do that? I have checked in the forum topics and i ve found any solution to this.

Please let me know

Thanks

Tommaso
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:27 am
Hi

I believe You are talking about K2 articles. If yes please go to /html/com_k2/default/item.php and move the part responsible for social buttons to the bottom.

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:51 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

I believe You are talking about K2 articles. If yes please go to /html/com_k2/default/item.php and move the part responsible for social buttons to the bottom.

No, i was not meaning K2 articles, i don't want to install that module in the back-end, the website i am building is very basic so it doesnt' need it. I got the answer in the other my post.

This what i was said:

Yes it is possible,you need to open file template/html/com_content/article/default.php and move div with id #gkSocialAPI (or similar) to the top of this layout. right before <h1> titile tag.

Te action is quite similar.

Thanks for your help.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:55 am
Hi

Haha. I told You the same thing but for K2 articles :) Nevermind, I'm just glad You got it as You wanted.

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:55 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Haha. I told You the same thing but for K2 articles :) Nevermind, I'm just glad You got it as You wanted.

The problem now is that i dont find default.php in the path
/html/com_content/article/default.php

the website is interviewtutor.ie

This is my path

/interviewtutor.ie/administrator/components/com_content

Where else it might be?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am
Hi

If it's not in /html folder than it's in /components/com_content/templates/article/default.php

But in this case I advice to copy this file and create this path /html/com_content/article/ and upload this file there. This is important if You do not want to loose this change with every joomla update :)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.