Switch to Mobile Version

GK User
Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 am
I have a couple of questions regarding the "Switch to Mobile Version".

1) There is any possibility to direct automatically the users to the Mobile Version wihout selecting the option Switch to Mobile Version?

1) If the answer is no, there is any possibility to change the position to display in the mobile the option Switch to Mobile Version?
I don like the current position in the footer and i would like to put it on the top.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:15 pm
If you select in template settings mobile layout for mobile devices users should be also redirect to mobile version.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 pm
bkrztuk wrote:If you select in template settings mobile layout for mobile devices users should be also redirect to mobile version.

Yes it seems working fine.

Many Thanks

P.s.

You know also how to sort it out the Technical issue i talk in the previous Topic "Social Share Button "

I dont know if there is a way to put Social Share Buttons at the end of the article rather than on the top.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:14 pm
Yes it is possible,you need to open file template/html/com_content/article/default.php and move div with id #gkSocialAPI (or similar) to the top of this layout. right before <h1> titile tag.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:15 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Yes it is possible,you need to open file template/html/com_content/article/default.php and move div with id #gkSocialAPI (or similar) to the top of this layout. right before <h1> titile tag.

Ok, cool, very clear explanation, i will use this method for the next time! in the meantime i have used the Addthis service and pasted the code at the end of the article. It 's been apparently a good solution.

Maybe it's better to move the discussion in the topic below for people who have the same technical issue.

Thanks bkrztuk
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:52 am
Yes it is possible,you need to open file template/html/com_content/article/default.php and move div with id #gkSocialAPI (or similar) to the top of this layout. right before <h1> titile tag.

I dont find the default.php, i had a look to the path and i dont find it..

Can you have a look to the website ? interviewtutor.ie

Many Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:44 pm
Surely the file is there ... root/templates/gk_penguinmail/html/com_content/article/default.php
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:21 am
bkrztuk wrote:Surely the file is there ... root/templates/gk_penguinmail/html/com_content/article/default.php

Ok thanks, before going to modify the file, i ask you again, why i have to move div with id #gkSocialAPI (or similar) to the top of this layout. right before <h1> titile tag if i want the social share button on the bottom of the article and not beaside the title?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:24 pm
Sorry I mean at the bottom of the article page, so you need to move this container to place where you want to display social icons.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:42 am
bkrztuk wrote:Sorry I mean at the bottom of the article page, so you need to move this container to place where you want to display social icons.

Ok, i give a try then and i let you know
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.