Updating penguinmail and mobile template questions

GK User
Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:44 am
Hi,
I have two sets of question, but first i would like to thx you for the great job you did creating this template.

Updating to latest version.
I am planning to update my template to the latest version but there are several updates between my version and the one most up to date. Should I update directly to the latest one or should i update the template step by step and update by update.
I am currently running a version prior to version 2.0 on Joomla 2.5.7.

Mobile template issues
When I activate the iphone template, the frontpage of my website stays the same as in the desktop view (the article displayed will be the one set as home page in the global configuration) and I would like it to be a different article in order to make it fit the template and to display the information related to the iphone version of the website.

Could this be related to the missing template's updates? If not could you give me an advice on how to perform this operation?

Thx in advance for helping me out.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 pm
Hi

About updating:
If You have made any changes to the template than You need to follow all update separatel, carefully watching if Your changes are not being overwritten.

About mobile issue:
I'm not sure if I understand, but it looks like mobile layout is not set at all. Please check template configuration looking if the layout for iPhone is set to iPhone. Also can You see a button switching to a mobile/desktop view.

Can I see Your site ?

GK User
Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

About updating:
If You have made any changes to the template than You need to follow all update separatel, carefully watching if Your changes are not being overwritten.

About mobile issue:
I'm not sure if I understand, but it looks like mobile layout is not set at all. Please check template configuration looking if the layout for iPhone is set to iPhone. Also can You see a button switching to a mobile/desktop view.

Can I see Your site ?

teitbite wrote:Can I see Your site ?

Hi teitbite, and thank you for your answer,

For the template:
I will overwrite the template directly and will change to two or 3 things i had changed again

For the Mobile css
As for the website, it's name is http://www.sortir-saint-etienne.fr

I have activate the mobile .css in the template configuration file and it activates, I checked it both with an iphone and safari in develop mode. I don"t understand why i can't change the first page.

My problem is that i would like to have one home page for the desktop version, (contains large images) and one for mobile devices where these images don't appear.

Thx
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:43 pm
Hi

Unfortunately homepage needs to be the same page for mobile and desktop, so You need to play with module positions. For example You can set a module which will hide main area for mobile layout and replace the functionality by using "mobile_top" and "mobile_bottom" position.

GK User
Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:08 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Unfortunately homepage needs to be the same page for mobile and desktop, so You need to play with module positions. For example You can set a module which will hide main area for mobile layout and replace the functionality by using "mobile_top" and "mobile_bottom" position.

I will try that solution as soon as I have some time, thank you for your disponibility and promptness in your answer.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:19 pm
Hi

No problem. Feel free to ask about anything.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.