Problems in Coffee with News Show: No content

GK User
Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:11 pm
Hi there,

love this template like it is in demo mode on your site. I installed it on my server an nearly everything works fine. Exept...

I´d like to use News Show but unfortunately only my link to "aktuell" (news category) works. The other Contents will not be shown. And I can´t find my mistake.

Tried to switch Component / Frontpage items in the template-section, but it didnt work, now it seems as if I have shot down the whole template :sick:

Hope, someone can help me?
I´ll set up a further admin login for you...

Forgot the URL: http://ikle.kaybuechmann.de

Kay
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:19 pm
Hi

You need to have category source of those articles present as menu item or else the component will be "invisible" and will not display the content.

If you want, please send me administrator credentials to paulo[at]gavick[com]
Make reference of this topic on your email.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:27 pm
Data sent by mail...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:43 pm
Hi back again

I add "Über mich" category link as parent to News item link. You can change the level if you want.
But the main idea is there. Category source of the content must be linkable on menu.

BTW i change News Show Pro module to normal mode and set like you can see now.
I hope you don't mind... i suppose that's what you were trying to achieve.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 am
That's great! Thank you for this unbelievable fast help.
Awesome support :D

Last 2 questions:

So, if there is no menu item in navigation, show news item don't work... correct?
Or does News Show only show whats it does by name: Showing News? So everything I want to add to this module must be saved in a News category?

Bye Kay
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:40 am
Hi again ;)

kaypi wrote:So, if there is no menu item in navigation, show news item don't work... correct?

Exactly.
The respective category of the joomla article that you want to display on the component must be on some menu. This is a necessary procedure for our framework by having the ability to show/hide component on frontpage and to display the component on sub-pages.

kaypi wrote:Or does News Show only show whats it does by name: Showing News? So everything I want to add to this module must be saved in a News category?

NSP GK4 is module that allows You to display Joomla! articles, K2 articles, Virtuemart and RedShop content.
This last three are not joomla natives. They are 3th party extensions available on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory).

The process previously explained is the same for all of them. ;)

Cheers

This
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:35 am
Great!

Thanks a lot! :D :D :D
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:12 pm
Now I´m getting some more problems with it.

I´d like to show the news like you did it in the demo-template. But I can#t wrap the text. If I set chars to more than 20-30 characters, it will be shown in a line.

Do you have a screenshot of the demo settings? Or could you :D p l e a s e :D login once more to help a stupid guy like me?

Kay
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:03 pm
Hi

I've changed Tabs GK4 to GK5 version with auto height feature.
Created a second tab just for testing.

See if it's working right.

If you still want to use Tabs GK4 version, to solve your problem you must set higher height value on tabs module.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 pm
And once more: THX!

What was the failure? Tabs GK5 is ok for me. Thoigh I don´t use tabs yet. But probably it will be nessacary.
Sry for my bad english ;)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:17 pm
kaypi wrote:And once more: THX!

What was the failure? Tabs GK5 is ok for me. Thoigh I don´t use tabs yet. But probably it will be nessacary.
Sry for my bad english ;)

There was no problem with Tabs GK4.
It only need to increase height value and all would be fine.
GK5 version is better because it uses auto height value ;)

Your english is fine.
Mine is not better ;)
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.