Re: Nav bar breaks in iPhone, works Ok in desktop browser

GK User
Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:47 am
Hi,

Anybody come across this bug where the navigation bar breaks in iPhone browser, but works OK in desktop browsers.

Please see attached image for example of issue:

photo.PNG

Thanks,

Niall Kelly

--
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:11 am
Hi,

It seems that you have disabled the mobile view in the template - unfortunately this template isn't prepared to be displayed in the desktop version on the mobile devices with small screens.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 am
dziudek wrote:Hi,

It seems that you have disabled the mobile view in the template - unfortunately this template isn't prepared to be displayed in the desktop version on the mobile devices with small screens.

Thanks for the reply, however, I've used the ' Coffe ' template on a different project and the mobile desktop version works Ok, also, if you open the Demo version of the ' Coffe ' template on the Gavick site using a mobile via the desktop browser, it also works Ok.

Any ideas ?,

Thanks,

Niall Kelly

--
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 am
Is your template up-to-date ? I remember that this problem with menu on different browsers are fixed in one of framework updates.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 am
bkrztuk wrote:Is your template up-to-date ? I remember that this problem with menu on different browsers are fixed in one of framework updates.

Hi there,

Thanks for the tip, I'll check later tonight what version the client is using for the template etc,

Thanks,

Niall Kelly

--
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:12 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Is your template up-to-date ? I remember that this problem with menu on different browsers are fixed in one of framework updates.

Hi bkrztuk,

Do you know if the fix was a CSS tweek or involved a full framework update ?, I'd like to update the template in time however, the only issue I have at present is with the navigation bar on iOS.

Thanks,

Niall Kelly

--
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:56 am
No I don't remember which file includes fix - the easiest way is to overwrite all files, please let me know when you make an update.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:51 pm
I had the same problem. Tried to install the newest version of template today and it fixed the problem... but - since I was stupid ;b when I built the site most of my modifications disappeared as well.

Solved it by restoring the backup I wisely took before I started and then I just uploded and owerwrote all files in the directories gk_coffe/layouts and gk_coffe/lib. I'm not sure this is the accurate way to do it but it worked for me anyway.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 am
The proper way to make modifications is to add code to override.css file, then in update you just need to backup this one file.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:15 am
bkrztuk wrote:The proper way to make modifications is to add code to override.css file, then in update you just need to backup this one file.

I'm well awere of that... now :P
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:41 am
This is why I advise to create backup after every code change on working site :)
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.