Change order for extra fields

GK User
Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:42 pm
Hi,

I need to put the extra fields down to the tittle, over the joomla image this way
http://prntscr.com/lffyt.

Now I´m using financial bussines and i have this: http://prntscr.com/lfg2x

Thanks in advance for your help,

-juand
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 pm
Hi

You need to edit /html/com_k2/default/item.php and move the code displaying extrafields to where You want it. If You need help with that pleas send me an access to ftp.

GK User
Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

You need to edit /html/com_k2/default/item.php and move the code displaying extrafields to where You want it. If You need help with that pleas send me an access to ftp.

Thanks Teitbite, this is exactly that I´m doing, but when I change the position of extra fields just desappear.

I will give you access, thanks°!

-jd
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:49 am
Hi

I had finally understood what You are trying to do :) I was thinking You want to move extrafields over the image, while in fact an image should be a background for extrafields. It will require some customization but the first step is to use css and add an image as background. Like this:

Code: Select all
.itemExtraFields {
    background: url("/tangomedellin/bussiness/images/bg_artistas.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
}

GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:07 am
Yes, more of less... the deal is the image will be different in each item, this is the reason that I need to move the extra fields, with css is possible but look this http://prntscr.com/llp22 the green titles desappear under the pic, I think If I can put the green titles over the image all my problems will be solved.

Can you help me with some css to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

-jd
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:17 am
Hi

If image will be different in every article than You can just reposition this small part :) or if You want to stay the way it's now with this big image than this may solve Your problem:

Code: Select all
            <div class="itemExtraFields" style="background-image: url(<?php echo $this->item->image; ?>);">

Unfortunately I cannot help You with styling it to look exactly as on Your image, because it's just too much of a customization and we do not support that.

GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:20 am
Anyway thanks!! you are owsome, I have some tools to go forward,

Cheers!

-jd
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:37 am
Hi

I thought my idea with loading an image as background as style attribute was great :) but now when I think about it, the first idea about inserting just an image is better, because You will not have to prepare this background everytime. This also should be way much easier to achieve with using good old tables for example :)

GK User
Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:19 pm
Really is easier than you think, every article has their own image, every one is a different profile with different image, now I´m using the same for testing purposes, I think I can do it with CSS, but my headache is the green titles under the photo, nothing more than this,

Thanks for you time and efford to help me.

Cheers!!

-jd
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:29 pm
Hi

If it's only this titles You have a problem with than I'll help You, but I've lost a message with a link to example where I will be able to see what needst to be modified.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.