double article

GK User
Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:06 pm
Hello all,

Another simple question, but i cant find the solution. i want a page with only one article but when i create a simple article, the visualization is repeated.

article1.PNG

article1.PNG

Thx in advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm
Please, any idea because I have 2 articles repeated? and why the code displayed with the tag gavern:mobile?

Thanks in advanced..
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:51 pm
Hi,

It's really weird. Can you PM me your backend and FTP access info then I can check for you?

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:04 am
At first, thanks for the response.

My project are in the local computer.. because it isnt finished and i can not upload to the site with this errors. How could you help me? i can send you files or screenshot... but with this error i can not create the web.

Regards.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:15 am
Hi,

This issue is really weird for me and I have never seen it before so I need to diagnose in your installation to find the cause or I would need the steps the replicate it in my installation as well. Otherwise I don't know how to help you more.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:56 pm
Hello Don Lee,

I have a joomla instalation in my site with the template.. www.mrr.es/test, you can see the problem in the menu FORMACION http://www.mrr.es/test/index.php/education. If you need anything else.. give me your email and send you other datas.

Thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:24 pm
Thanks, I see it now, I think you should download the template package and reinstall it again because it seems to not be working properly. Please do it first then let me know if it helps, otherwise I will work with developers to check further for you.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:14 pm
Hello Don Lee,

Seems to be solved with the new template download. See the new screenshot in my local server.

Thanks very much!!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:29 pm
if the problem come back please look here >> https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... ce-plugin/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:25 pm
I just had the same problem on my domain www.sunwood.nl
I had all my cache plugins disabled because I had to test some changes in virtuemart quickly.

After I turned them back on again the problem was gone. However when I disable GK Cache the double article comes back again.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:23 am
@woutsun the only reason can be your wrong cache configuration, please look at our wiki article and configure everything according this description.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:06 pm
Hello,

I have the same problem for a while. I don't know when it started but the Joomla articles are duplicated on front end.

I installed the music template again by ftp client. I checked the gk cache dokumans and did all what is necessary. But nothing did help.

There is <gavern:desktop> and <gavern:mobile>

When I look into firebug I see "<gavern:mobile>" or "<gavern:gk_collapsible>" for the duplicated ones. I remove it on firebug and duplicated article disappear.

How will I remove <gavern:mobile> from my articles or what is the solution?

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:12 pm
Hi dese,

It's still a problem from the cache plugin, please make sure you have latest version of it in your site, if you do, but the problem persists, then try disabling it to check if the issue is gone.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:59 pm
This is surely cache issue, please make sure that you don't use progressive cache in Joomla configuration panel and check cache plugins configuration with description on our wiki.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 01, 2012 6:12 pm
I did install latest version of cache plugins and enabled just "plg_gkcache" and it works well. At the moment there is no double content.

Do I need to enable "gavickExtCache" as well?

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 02, 2012 3:00 pm
Hi Dese,

Yes, you need to do that, please check detail instruction at https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... ce-plugin/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:14 am
I've followed this instructions , using MyFolio template on Joomla 3.2.1 and the result in front page is
Fatal error: Call to a member function setCaching() on a non-object in /.........................my website .....................com/plugins/system/gavickExtCache/gavickExtCache.php on line 76
Disabling gavickExtCache brings the frontend to life - but with double content http://www.moniquetippett.com
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:22 am
Besides the persisting problem above, it's not clear to me the relationshop between system cache and Gk cache. Do I have to enable conservative Cache in global configuration of Joomla ?
Also inside setting of plg_system_gavickExtCache is a space to fill the name of the template "template name" - is this necessary?
Thank you for advice with double article issue.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:02 pm
In this article you will find info that system cache should be disabled. Please try to reinstall GK Cache and GK Ext Cache plugins from rest_files package.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:24 am
This article only mentions "don't use progressive cache" this is why I'm asking about conservative Cache. However. Re-installed plugins - again same error i .....com/plugins/system/gavickExtCache/gavickExtCache.php on line 76
There are two zip files in rest_files > plg.system.gkExtCache.zip and plg.system.gavickExtCache.zip only first one installed as per your instruction. This does show after install in plugins as "plg_system_gavickExtCache" - which is the name of the second zip file in "rest_files". See screenshots attached.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:29 am
Please look at this tutorial again >>http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-extensions/extensions-for-joomla-1-6/gk-cahce-plugin/ the gkExtCache should be higher in hierarchy than the default GK Cache. Default system cache plugin is disabled?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 am
I've double checked:
Global config- cache disabled.
Plugin ordering - ascending - order as per screenshot.
Template GK cache enabled.

I'm clueless, with the remaining question - what is file plg.system.gavickExtCache.zip plugin in rest_files (which I did not install) ?

I can provide admin login in PM. Thanks
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:57 am
This is the missing plugin that you should use :) Please look at this documentation http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-extensions/extensions-for-joomla-1-6/gk-cahce-plugin/ Plugin is mentioned there…
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:07 pm
I think I've read this documentation carefully and outlined my confusion.
Rest_files folder contains three plugins looking relavant :

1 - plg_gkcache.zip (after install it;s called "System - GK Cache")
2 - plg.system.gkExtCache.zip (after install it;s called "plg_system_gavickExtCache")
3 - plg.system.gavickExtCache.zip (after install it;s called "System - GK Extended Cache")

clarification: #2 plugin has after install same name as #3 plugin before install.

Documentation mentions GK Cache and GK ExtCache plugins (I'm guessing it's #1&2 in my list)
Attempts to install third plugin results in
"Plugin Install: Another plugin is already using directory: .....................................path............................/plugins/system/gavickExtCache"
Error installing plugin

Same results if #3 is installed first than plugin #2
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:10 pm
It looks like there is a kind of problem with rest_files package and I'll check this, please leave this one enabled - System - GK Extended Cache. If the order is like on your image it means that it is wrong because Extended plugin should be higher in hierarchy than regular GK Cache.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:06 am
Extended plugin should be higher in hierarchy than regular GK Cache.

I've changed the order as above advice , changing order makes website not usable (only last article shows) however the order is from documentation here is an image from this Image Please clarify the order again.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:24 am
I think the much easier will be if you provide me access to your installation. Could you provide me details to your administrator area via PM ? Please remember to include link to this forum thread in message.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.