Joomla Pages II . User registration

GK User
Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:42 pm
On Login from the Login Button, a pop up dialog will come up and there is link in the dialog called "create an account". That is for new user to register. My question is, if that link is clicked, the registration details will show up. On top of the registration, there is "Joomla Pages II . User registration". I do not want that "Joomla Pages II" there and that does not exist in my menu items. How do I remove or make it correct? Obviously that is not the right menu link.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:48 am
Hi

Please show me a direct link to the page with this problem so I'll be able to check what this text is.

GK User
Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:38 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please show me a direct link to the page with this problem so I'll be able to check what this text is.

Hi - I am only localhost only until I am able to get my site running. so i am afraid, its not accessible from the internet yet.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:59 am
rj45maximo wrote:

Hi - I am only localhost only until I am able to get my site running. so i am afraid, its not accessible from the internet yet.

This is the screen shot of the page that shows that. At least it will give you a good idea. The "Joomla Pages II" does not exist in the menu, but one exist in mobile menu. But its unpublished. Currently, the demo "User Registration" in the Menu Items is "unpublished". If I move it under another parent menu, ie. Home, and publish it. My User Registration now will show correctly as in "Home . User registration".

Trouble is I don't know where in hell does it gets the "Joomla Pages II" from.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:59 pm
Try looking at this log and see if this makes sense to you: (Note my server is localhost only and not online).

[Wed Dec 14 13:53:26 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined index: in /Library/WebServer/joomla/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_financial_business/view.php on line 80, referer: http://myrj45cafe.com/index.php/joomla- ... gistration
[Wed Dec 14 13:53:26 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined index: in /Library/WebServer/joomla/modules/mod_image_show_gk4/styles/gk_financial_business/view.php on line 80, referer: http://myrj45cafe.com/index.php/joomla- ... gistration
[Wed Dec 14 13:53:26 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /Library/WebServer/joomla/templates/gk_finance_business/images/fbauth.png, referer: http://myrj45cafe.com/

see those links, it has joomla-pages-ii and where the hell are they from. Seems old that once removed from the menu - why its appearing..
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:10 am
Hi

It's really hard to tell the location of Joomla II without seeing it. But I've noticed that joomla 1.7 got some issue with not updating the url names after change or You should check the alt names of the menu items.

The warnings from logs are not relevant, so do not worry about that.

GK User
Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:21 pm
How do I find the Alt Names?

Also, the user registration menus on my menu items are all unpublished since they were originally on gavick template different menus that shows some joomla names. That may have caused this issue since it is still bound to those alt names.

I can always published those registration menus and move them to another menu, but I don't want them to show up on the menu items list or drop down just like right now. I tried moving them to the Home and use Home as a parent and it works but it is showing up as a menu. I need it to be hidden just like it is.

Because of this I am having so much problems with user registration having so many redirects and unknown redirects. User can not register because of this unknown problems.

thanks,

It's really hard to tell the location of Joomla II without seeing it. But I've noticed that joomla 1.7 got some issue with not updating the url names after change or You should check the alt names of the menu items.

The warnings from logs are not relevant, so do not worry about that.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:09 am
Hi

Alt names are in menu item page when You edit. But the easiest way will be to create a new menu item for registration in a new menu. You do not have to use this menu anywhere, but it will remove any problems with unpublished menu item.

GK User
Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:04 am
Hi Piotr.
and Like I said below, I did that already and the menu sort works. But, the menu will show up on the menu items on the front page and I don't really like to have it like it is in the background.

The problem again is if I used the new registration menu, although the joomla ii goes away on top, during registration, it will redirect and look for that /joomla-pages-ii and it does not work. It just gives a blank broken page saying its too much redirects trying to open "http://mywebsite.com/index.php/joomla-pages-ii/user-registration"

I am so getting very frustrated right here. thank you Piotr.

Alt names are in menu item page when You edit. But the easiest way will be to create a new menu item for registration in a new menu. You do not have to use this menu anywhere, but it will remove any problems with unpublished menu item.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:28 pm
Hi

Ok. I need to see it than. Please try place it online and when You do please send me urls and access to joomla panel. I need to look for this connection myself.

GK User
Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:39 pm
Closed...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:11 pm
In case someone searches and finds this post - note that this is coming from the CSS class. The easiest way to get rid of "Joomla Pages II" is to disable the breadcrumbs on the specific pages affected.

Hope this helps.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:55 pm
jasonbrinn wrote:In case someone searches and finds this post - note that this is coming from the CSS class. The easiest way to get rid of "Joomla Pages II" is to disable the breadcrumbs on the specific pages affected.

Hope this helps.

Hi

Sorry but I do not understand. "Joomla Pages II" is an alias in menu item. What do You mean is from CSS ?

GK User
Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:22 am
Did you ever find a solution to this?
I have the same problem...

Here is how it looks

http://beltronica.com.mx/joomla-pages-i ... le/profile
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:14 am
Hi

@hopperman please explain me what is the problem. Except the wrong background (but I think it's from the modifications) I see no issue. Tell me more about it, so I'll be able to help.

GK User
Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am
I am also having the same issue with Bike Shop Template as Hopperman. It is the breadcrumbs saying "Joomla Pages II" that is referenced in the previous post, which is also my issue. I don't have any navigation with this name, I would prefer it goes to the normal login page.

It is not sending to the correct login / logout redirect. This page showed for me when I tried to login with the incorrect password.

Any help would be great, trying to go live with this new installation over the weekend. Thanks in advance.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:25 pm
Hi

Please try to use "Rebuild" option in joomla menu manager. This should fix paths to elements.

GK User
Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:48 pm
(Sorry for my bad english, I'm Spanish)
All day trying to solve this problem googling

I'm not sure if it's the same of the others, but I want to public for other people looking for the same as me
I was looking for the name "joomla Pages II" name because I want it to change.
Solution:
Go to the backend and the "Mobile menu"
The go to the "Joomla pages II" change de tiitle of the menu and the ALIAS whith the name you want
That's it

Sorry if isn't the topic =S
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:24 am
I solved this with an redirect to user login page after registration
Its not the way it's supposed to be, but now there is no "Joomla Pages II"

Just edit registration.php in components\com_users\controllers\
at the bottom in the if statement where is 'COM_USERS_REGISTRATION_COMPLETE_ACTIVATE' change

$this->setRedirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=registration&layout=complete', false));
to
$this->setRedirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=login', false));

and try it now
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 pm
Hi

Have You tried to rebuild links in menu manager after deleting this "joomla Pages II" category ? This also should fix this problem.

GK User
Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 pm
It seems to be something common. even gavick demo also have this joomla page II

http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/twn2/in ... ser-remind
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:08 pm
Hi

This is from default content. I believe there is an article category named like that. Please try delete/rename it, than rebuild menu structure and let me know if it's a way to solve this problem.

GK User
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 pm
Hi,

Just to update on the issues.
Using the rebuild button in menu section does not help.

Solution

Navigate to backend > Menus > mobile menu, you should find 'Joomla Pages II' which is configured as a 'Text Separator'. Unpublish it and it should resolve the issue.
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.