Redirect on login and logout

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 am
Hi,
maybe I am missing something but I cannot see how to get the login and logout buttons to redirect to a specific page. I have set the sigin module to do the redirects but nothing happens.
Is there a setting somewhere I have missed.

Need to get fixed asap.

Thanks

Tony
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 am
Hi,
can yuo explain why you want to redirect them. As you see on demo login and register are popups. And tell me where exactly you want to redirect them.

GK User
Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:39 pm
Hi,
it is a requirement for the site that when the user logind in the land on their jomsocial profile page and when they logout I quess it dosent matter but home page ideally.

thanks

Tony
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:45 pm
Hi,
any news on this or is there another way?

Tony
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:50 pm
Unfortunetly login and logouts are for standart joomla login module. Please read this http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_redir ... l_login%3F should help

GK User
Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:44 pm
Hi,
so you are saying that to use the redirects built into joomla and jomsocial I will need to not use the gk login module. How do I go about switching this off and going back to the standard but keep the buttons in the top corner.

thanks

tony
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:09 pm
Please try go to layouts/blocks/nav.php and find:
Code: Select all
   <div id="gkButtons">
         <?php if(GK_LOGIN) : ?>
         <a href="<?php echo $this->URLbase(); ?>index.php?option=com_users&amp;view=login" id="btnLogin"><?php echo ($userID > 0) ? JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_LOGOUT') : JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_LOGIN'); ?></a>
         <?php endif; ?>

<?php if(GK_REGISTER) : ?>
         <a href="<?php echo $this->URLbase(); ?>index.php?option=com_users&amp;view=registration" id="btnRegister"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_REGISTER'); ?></a>
         <?php endif; ?>
        </div>

Then remove id for both links and change href attributes to links where you want redirect user after click.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.