Jomsocial 3 theme issues

GK User
Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 am
hi guys
thanks so much for the jomsocial 3 theme.

there are some issues though...

- video thumbnails in profile sidebar module are really small. - can they be made proper size?
- profile sidebar modules are missing titles (like "my groups", "My friends" etc)

Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:39 pm
video thumbnails in profile sidebar module are really small. - can they be made proper size?

This is how we designed it, by default JomSocial shows 3 big thumbnails which in our opinion doesn't look good.

- profile sidebar modules are missing titles (like "my groups", "My friends" etc)

No they are not missing, now they are like default Joomla! moudules, you need to publish them via module manager on dedicated JomSocial positions.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:13 pm
hi

thanks for the answers.

can you provide the code lines to "revert" the video thumbs back to a normal size... as on my site they are TINY... no one can see what the videos are etc... and my site is for senior citizens... so small stuff isnt good.

also, the modules i am talking about are the "non module" ones. whic are "my friends" and "my groups" - i didnt think these for moduleised... and these do not show headers on my site - i have checked the module lists and they are not there - so these need to be supplied in the gk style?

bkrztuk wrote:
video thumbnails in profile sidebar module are really small. - can they be made proper size?

This is how we designed it, by default JomSocial shows 3 big thumbnails which in our opinion doesn't look good.

No they are not missing, now they are like default Joomla! moudules, you need to publish them via module manager on dedicated JomSocial positions.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:15 am
i have also attached a screen shot to show you the issues i am having

akaentertainment wrote:hi

thanks for the answers.

can you provide the code lines to "revert" the video thumbs back to a normal size... as on my site they are TINY... no one can see what the videos are etc... and my site is for senior citizens... so small stuff isnt good.

also, the modules i am talking about are the "non module" ones. whic are "my friends" and "my groups" - i didnt think these for moduleised... and these do not show headers on my site - i have checked the module lists and they are not there - so these need to be supplied in the gk style?

bkrztuk wrote:

Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:14 am
i also checked with jomsocial support about another issue... modules which have "featured, popular" etc inthe top does not work... they have said its a template issue....

please add this to the below issues.

[quote="akaentertainment"]i have also attached a screen shot to show you the issues i am having
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:14 am

Please go to template/html directory and remove directory mod_community_videos.

What module you are talking about ? Could you insert a screenshot ? We didn't remove anything from JomSocial template ? Please mark this modules on default JomSocial view >> http://d.pr/i/KtUq

For me thumbnails looks totally different so probably it is related with this videos module settings but when you remove this mentioned directory all will look like in default JS theme.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:26 am
thanks bkrztuk...

moving the videos module to the mainbody area makes the videos bigger... i did want to wave videos in the sidebar. but it shrinks them too much.

no problem - will keep videos elsewhere.

with the javascript on the modules, its the three links in ALL modules that have "featured, popular etc".

I checked with jomsocial and they also checked, it works when gavick template is switched off, so its something in the GKstyle code...

screenschot of affected module(s) attached.

also, the previous screenshot i attached shows the "final module" on sidebar issue - with header appearing outside of box... this happens no matter what module you put in the final position of the sidebar/right.

also the non movable mods (boxes) on the right hand position of the profile page are not showing the title. they do when its standard jomsocial template, just not on gkstyle

so to clarify:

1. video module - ok, no problem if not put in sidebar.
2. javascript/link options swap in modules not working (in new screenshot)
3. bottom side/right module header not aligning properly. (in previous screenshot)
4. "Permanent" boxs/mods on profile page (Friends and groups) not showing titles. (in new screenshot)

thanks!

bkrztuk wrote:

Please go to template/html directory and remove directory mod_community_videos.

What module you are talking about ? Could you insert a screenshot ? We didn't remove anything from JomSocial template ? Please mark this modules on default JomSocial view >> http://d.pr/i/KtUq

For me thumbnails looks totally different so probably it is related with this videos module settings but when you remove this mentioned directory all will look like in default JS theme.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:32 pm
Code: Select all
4. "Permanent" boxs/mods on profile page (Friends and groups) not showing titles. (in new screenshot)

Are you sure this boxes are not published as regular Joomla! modules ? Did you select to show title in this module ? JomSocial since v.3 version separate 99% of modules from component to default Joomla! modules.

This is probably cause by JS conflict in your template because I've checked this on clean installation and all is working fine, please look here >>

1. http://d.pr/i/1R6f
2. http://d.pr/i/OOBt
3. http://d.pr/i/2umj

I need to look at your site to see what happen.

3. I can find the screenshot, could you upload it again ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:25 am
its the inbuilt jomsocial modules (that are forced included on the profile page) all the other modules that are seperated are fine.

bkrztuk wrote:

Are you sure this boxes are not published as regular Joomla! modules ? Did you select to show title in this module ? JomSocial since v.3 version separate 99% of modules from component to default Joomla! modules.

This is probably cause by JS conflict in your template because I've checked this on clean installation and all is working fine, please look here >>

1. http://d.pr/i/1R6f
2. http://d.pr/i/OOBt
3. http://d.pr/i/2umj

I need to look at your site to see what happen.

3. I can find the screenshot, could you upload it again ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:29 pm
Please try to add ' box' suffix for this module, it is published on template position or in JomSocial module position?
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.