Coversion to Joomla 3.0.x

GK User
Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:14 pm
Hello,

What is the best way to convert the Joomla 1.5 version of the World News to the News December 2012 Joomla 3.0.x?

Cornelio
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:35 pm
Hi,
1) Take a vacation for a few days.
2) Take a Meet Gavern template or The World News II - and build line by line.
3) Use some CSS styles from old template.

Sorry but ... sometimes it's better to modify ready template then convert from old version to new one.
Joomla 3.x made some changes in template system since J1.5.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:41 am
Pawel F wrote:Hi,
1) Take a vacation for a few days.
2) Take a Meet Gavern template or The World News II - and build line by line.
3) Use some CSS styles from old template.

Sorry but ... sometimes it's better to modify ready template then convert from old version to new one.
Joomla 3.x made some changes in template system since J1.5.

Hi Powell,

I am using actually the "News" December 2012 template Joomla 3.0.x for my new sites. Maybe I did not make myself clear. I have an old site in Joomla 1.5, and it has a lot of content on it. What is the easiest way to transfer that database of content to a Joomla 3.0.x Quickstart site that I just created using the "News" December 2012 template?

I have quite a few sites in Joomla 1.5 that are information rich. IIt will take forever to transfer them article, by article.

I do like the Gavern templates, very elegant. I am going to use it as the "Front" page of our company sites, and include as a link in the main menu another site inside the same domain using the "News" December 2012 template Joomla 3.0.x. The latter will contain the bulk of an "information rich" (lots of articles like a newspaper) site relevant to the company.

I do wish there is now a Joomla 3.0.x of the Virtuemart. I want to move our Commerce site (different company" to one of the Gavick's template, e.g., the "Storebox". The design is so elegantly simple. One of my favorites. For now, I will try to use it for the company sites that I want to create.

Cornelio
Expert Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.