Event avatar upload not working

GK User
Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 am
hi guys

with the new changes, the event avatar is not allowing upload for some reason - is there a fix for this? i have tried searching the forums in case it has happened befre - but the listed css overrides dont work either.
having upload issue in both firefox and chrome.

http://www.guidetogay.com (whats on / events --> upload/change avatar)

thanks!

- update: i also just checked and its affecting GROUPS avatars too....
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:58 am
Hi

What last changes You refere to ? We do not support Joomla 1.5 anymore so Joomsocial styles are not updated. Please send me some dummy user access so I'll be able to see this avatar upload.

GK User
Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:26 am
Hi Teitbite

i was referring to the changes on my previous post for another issue dziudek was assisting me with - he got me to upgrade the entire gk_style folder which fixed alot of the issues i had with the template, but i knocked out the fix you did previously for the avatar upload in events and groups.
-- sorry.

your access for the site is still up from last time.

do you need me to resend?

cheers
Rob/bhillsboyoz

teitbite wrote:Hi

What last changes You refere to ? We do not support Joomla 1.5 anymore so Joomsocial styles are not updated. Please send me some dummy user access so I'll be able to see this avatar upload.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:42 pm
Hi

I was trying to log in, to see profile and check this issue, but see this message "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet." Please create me a new dummy account.

GK User
Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:24 am
hi - i have set up a new account with the same access details.

thanks!

also, could you have a look at the "featured events slider" - its not showing the event image... (i see its a common problem in the forums, but no fix has been posted anywhere)

thanks again!

I was trying to log in, to see profile and check this issue, but see this message "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet." Please create me a new dummy account.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:20 pm
Hi

Field to upload image has been hidden outside the popup. Please use this code to set it in place:

Code: Select all
div#cWindowContent #jsform-uploadavatar input#filedata[type="file"] {
    margin: 0 0 0 -2px !important;
}

Where is this events slider ?

GK User
Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:33 pm
thank - where do i put this particular piece of code?

the event slider is on the "all events" page

for some weird reason jomsocial's default sends you to your own events listings, rather than "all events"... its on the "all events" one :)

thanks!

Field to upload image has been hidden outside the popup. Please use this code to set it in place:

Code: Select all
div#cWindowContent #jsform-uploadavatar input#filedata[type="file"] {
    margin: 0 0 0 -2px !important;
}

Where is this events slider ?
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:12 pm
Hi

Add this code to template.css file.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find what's wrong with slider. Looks like some javascript conflict. Can You please change template to some joomla default one just to check if this conflict is comming from our template ?

GK User
Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:24 am
hi :)

i checked the default tmeplate - took a screen cap - the layout is there, but missing the bottom slider (its only showing one featured event, without the bottom smaller events scrolling along) for some reason? I have check jomsocial config, and its all set up correctly.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 pm
Hi

I was talking about website's default template not joomsocial. If You will be able to see it as it suppose to be using a different template than it will means that problem is with our template and solution needs to be found in our code. But if this still won't be working than it may be a bug in joomsocial itself. SO this small test can narrow the issue down.

GK User
Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 pm
hi - yes - i checked the site on a different template and the scoller/slider is on the other template. so its an issue with gamebox.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.