How to create new module position in WN2

GK User
Fri May 18, 2012 12:28 pm
hello sirs,

1) Can you please help. I want to add a new module position to the world news template. I want it to be above the logo, etc.

I have read the guide at:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... -position/

but I dont have the DIR: /lib/framework, neither do I have the file "gk.const.php"

I have added the position to the template_details.xml. What is the filename where Im supposed to call the position from.

2) I also observed that if I try to place a module in the "register position", the position still shows register. In fact, if I place a date module in the register position, I get the error "restricted access".

whats with the register position, and how can I place something else there?

BTW, im on Joomla 1.5, and using the template quickstart

regards
Toks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 21, 2012 8:28 am
HI

Register is just a button opening a popup with "register" position, so please do not use it for anything different than register module.

For new module position please send me joomla panel access and ftp access to Your site, so I'll do this for You.

GK User
Mon May 28, 2012 6:12 pm
hello there,

I would like to know how its done so that I could do it next time.

if you could give me an example and where to place the code, ill try to figure it out.

regards
toks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 29, 2012 11:36 am
Hi

This is the exact instruction: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... -position/

But just to make it shorter and easier the rule is this:

1. Add new position to templateDetails.xml

Code: Select all
<position>new_position</position>

2. In a template's html located in /layouts place a code to load module positon:

Code: Select all
<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”new_position” />

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.