pop up window / invite friends

GK User
Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:03 am
i was wondering - i am having an issue with the "invite friends" popup window in jomsocial....

its not showing the "submit" button... and when you select friends, the contents of the popup drop below the bottom of the popup, hiding it, no scroll...

here is a pic.

any fix for that?

page sample "invite friends" on any group - http://www.guidetogay.com
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:28 pm
The problem occurs also using the default JomSocial theme? Because as I see we don't override the groups.invitefriends.php file in our gk_style template for JomSocial so it can be a problem with the JomSocial code.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:09 am
dziudek wrote:The problem occurs also using the default JomSocial theme? Because as I see we don't override the groups.invitefriends.php file in our gk_style template for JomSocial so it can be a problem with the JomSocial code.

hi :)

no - the default template works fine. please see screen cap - so its def a gk template issue.

thanks!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:21 am
I see some JavaScript errors on the group page which can cause the problems - please try to disable the com_adagency component and then check the popup again.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 am
dziudek wrote:I see some JavaScript errors on the group page which can cause the problems - please try to disable the com_adagency component and then check the popup again.

hi there - i have tested that - and no change.

FYI - i have the exact same set up on another site, www.poprepublic.tv - using the same versions, same components etc... just a different template (I use gamebox on pop) and no issue.

so i am assuming its something to do with the specific setup on guidetogay with the TWNII template???

thanks for your help! its greatly appreciated.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 pm
Could you send me your FTP and administrator access to dziudek[at]gavick[dot]com ? Because without it I don't see any ways to help you with this problem :/ I need to analyze the code.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 pm
dziudek wrote:Could you send me your FTP and administrator access to dziudek[at]gavick[dot]com ? Because without it I don't see any ways to help you with this problem :/ I need to analyze the code.

thanks!
i have sent you a PM on this forum with the details and an email :) subject: GTG ACCESS / GAVICK
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Ok, thanks :) I'll work with it tommorow, because today I'm finishing my job :) Then I'll report you what I've discovered :)
Administrator

GK User
Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:45 am
dziudek wrote:Ok, thanks :) I'll work with it tommorow, because today I'm finishing my job :) Then I'll report you what I've discovered :)

thanks!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 am
Hi,

Sorry for the delay but I've need a really deep investigation in this problem. The result is following: the problem is caused by the fact that you're using the template for JomSocial 2.4 and you have JomSocial 2.6.

The only solution I can suggest is backup the current gk_style and download rest_files package for Joomla! 2.5 TWN II template - then upload the gk_style for JomSocial 2.6. It can needs some adjustments but there is no easier solution in my opinion.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:55 am
dziudek wrote:Hi,

Sorry for the delay but I've need a really deep investigation in this problem. The result is following: the problem is caused by the fact that you're using the template for JomSocial 2.4 and you have JomSocial 2.6.

The only solution I can suggest is backup the current gk_style and download rest_files package for Joomla! 2.5 TWN II template - then upload the gk_style for JomSocial 2.6. It can needs some adjustments but there is no easier solution in my opinion.

hi!
thanks - i have made the backup of the old version and installed the new one-- its all working fine except for the invite friends windows on events and groups.
the spacings still are a bit out of alignment. no button on events.
squished on groups popup.

can you have a look and suggest fixes?

many thanks
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:18 am
In general things like this are a custom work which is beyond our support. If you will have small adjustments for a specific elements then please write here.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:21 am
dziudek wrote:In general things like this are a custom work which is beyond our support. If you will have small adjustments for a specific elements then please write here.

sure - i can post :)

all these relate to the pop up windows...

first is the INVITE FRIENDS on GROUP pages.

the formatting is all out - overlaying all elements on top of each other.

SECONDLY, the invite friends popup does not have a submit button still
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:34 am
As I see the submit button appeared in the popup. To fix the problem with the tabs please change:
Code: Select all
width: 50%;

to:
width: 42%;

for this selector:
form#community-invitation-form .searchWrap

in the override.css file.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:35 pm
Hi. i put that change in... does not seem to have changed anything

the two pictures below are DIFFERENT pop ups - one is the group invite, that works (although the tabs are still not aligned properly)

the other one is EVENTS -> INVITE FRIENDS.
This does not have "submit button"
any fix for that?

many thanks :)

dziudek wrote:As I see the submit button appeared in the popup. To fix the problem with the tabs please change:

to:

for this selector:

Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:14 am
hi!

in addition to the below - the "change avatar" process has stopped working - it wont work - when the windo pops up, the click and select file wont appear.... not allowing me to browse the harddrive.

can i also get a fix for that please :)

bhillsboyoz wrote:Hi. i put that change in... does not seem to have changed anything

the two pictures below are DIFFERENT pop ups - one is the group invite, that works (although the tabs are still not aligned properly)

the other one is EVENTS -> INVITE FRIENDS.
This does not have "submit button"
any fix for that?

many thanks :)

dziudek wrote:As I see the submit button appeared in the popup. To fix the problem with the tabs please change:

to:

for this selector:

Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:06 pm
The avatar upload is working for me - I've just changed my avatar on Chrome.

The problem with the invite friends list is the same problem as earlier and I have no idea how to fix it, because the gk_style doesn't override the original code in this place.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:32 am
is there a way to increase the pop up window size then? It might just be hiding under the space???

as it appears in the default template, its definately not a jomsocial issue, but a change with the fact the gk style is not written right???

cheers

Rob

dziudek wrote:The avatar upload is working for me - I've just changed my avatar on Chrome.

The problem with the invite friends list is the same problem as earlier and I have no idea how to fix it, because the gk_style doesn't override the original code in this place.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:17 am
i did some digging around on the jomsocial support website as it seems others are having the same issue

can you check this link - and the answer at the bottom mentions something about the template calling the JS???

http://www.jomsocial.com/support/answer ... ionid=1300

would that assist - and how can we fix that? i have no clue about JS etc.

but it seems that jomsocial DOES think its a template issue....

cheers

Rob

bhillsboyoz wrote:is there a way to increase the pop up window size then? It might just be hiding under the space???

as it appears in the default template, its definately not a jomsocial issue, but a change with the fact the gk style is not written right???

cheers

Rob

dziudek wrote:The avatar upload is working for me - I've just changed my avatar on Chrome.

Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 am
I've added in your head section the following lines:

$isJomSocial = (JRequest::getCmd('option') == 'com_community') ? true : false;

<?php if($isJomSocial) : ?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>components/com_community/assets/easytabs/jquery.easytabs.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>components/com_community/assets/ajaxfileupload.pack.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>components/com_community/assets/imgareaselect/scripts/jquery.imgareaselect.pack.js"></script>
<?php endif; ?>

and it seems that the problem is finally solved. The mentioned URL was really helpful :)
Administrator

GK User
Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:24 pm
BRILLIANT!!!!! thanks sooooo much for all your help. you are a legend!
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.