right top module not allowing clicks

GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 am
hi guys

i have an ad running in the top right module position - it works in other positions, but not "0".
site: guidetogay.com

banner 300x50
it appears fine - have checked this in other positions and it works, so its def something to do with the top right position.

any ideas on why this is happening?
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 am
Hi

Are You reffering to a baner from a screenshot ? What problem You have with it ? I can see a banner loading it right_top.

GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 am
yep thats it - but try clicking on it - it wont allow the clicks in that particular position.

the click through works when the module is posted in other positions (even within the same module in a different order)
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:52 am
Hi

I need more informations. Is the issue when user is logged in, what browser, etc ? I've tried FF, Safari, Chrome when logged and not and I can click this banner always ;/

GK User
Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:03 pm
hi!

this is weird - it happends for me on all browsers, plus i checked on another machine and it wont work on that either (both mac's)

however, i tried the site via my iPhone and it worked on that.

its happens wether logged in or not.

i dont think its network or isp based issue as all three were using the same wireless network (even the iphone)

teitbite wrote:Hi

I need more informations. Is the issue when user is logged in, what browser, etc ? I've tried FF, Safari, Chrome when logged and not and I can click this banner always ;/
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:06 pm
Hi

I've checked it one more time with Win7 but still no problem. The only thing I can think of is that this is being covered by another, transparent, element. If You have any developer tool than please click in "investigate" while cursor is over the banner. Send me a screenshot of html/css code which got displayed after this action.

GK User
Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:28 pm
hi! i think i found the problem - the particular banner in the position next to the one with the issue was a flash banner, and for some reason is covering both modules.

so the 728x90 was extending over the 300x50. When i disabled the flash banner, the 300x50 module can now click.

not sure why it works for you and not me - but at least i have found the source!

teitbite wrote:Hi

I've checked it one more time with Win7 but still no problem. The only thing I can think of is that this is being covered by another, transparent, element. If You have any developer tool than please click in "investigate" while cursor is over the banner. Send me a screenshot of html/css code which got displayed after this action.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 am
Hi

I think we have tried with different browsers. Or maybe my ads blocking tool was still active even disabled. Anyway I'm glad You've solved it :)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.