News Show Pro GK4 Thumbnail problem

GK User
Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:42 am
Hi there,

I have just launched the latest edition of our festival on our website and I have a problem with News Show Pro GK4.

The thumbnails it's creating on my home page seem to not centralise the images it takes from the K2 items. It seems to cut off the right side of the image.

How can I fix this? Otherwise it looks great!

Here's a link to the site http://www.dancefilm.co.uk

Thank you!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:26 am
Hi,
sure that they cut off - because module presents (according to the settings) squares, and your photos have rectangle shape. And module are trying to show picture it don't have IA to know what you really want to show. :whistle:

Check "Thumbnails" configuration tab in GK NSP 4
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:08 am
Pawel F wrote:Hi,
sure that they cut off - because module presents (according to the settings) squares, and your photos have rectangle shape. And module are trying to show picture it don't have IA to know what you really want to show. :whistle:

Check "Thumbnails" configuration tab in GK NSP 4

Hiya Pawel,

Thanks for that. What can I do in the settings that would fix it? The images are all rectangular as they need to be for the K2 article.

Do I change the crop settings on the thumbnails settings perhaps?

Thank you!

Steph
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:42 pm
Hello, me again?

It'll be really great if someone can help me make the thumbnail rectangular instead of square?

Help?

Thank you!

Steph
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:22 am
First, you have to update News Show Pro GK4 - to the latest version (~3.1.4) from our site. Or you can also use GK5 - this version have much more features.
Second, in "Thumbnails" tab you will find Thumbnail width & Thumbnail height- use this options and you will see rectangular instead of square shapes of photos. Create thumbnails [On]
0-latest--rectange.png
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:12 pm
Hiya Pawel,

Thanks very much. It is the most updated version of NSP GK4 (3.1.4)

I've tried changing the thumbnail height and width but it doesn't seem to make a difference what I put in there? Is there a glitch?

Afraid I don't really know how to set NSP GK5 to look the same?

Help?

Thanks!

Steph
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:19 pm
I will try to help you tomorrow, but first send me access to your page (URL / login&password - using PM)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:30 pm
Pawel F wrote:I will try to help you tomorrow, but first send me access to your page (URL / login&password - using PM)

So sorry for never replying and taking up your offer of help!

I'll live with the cropping problem for now as it seems like me fiddling with the sizes and stuff makes it all worse! At least they're all the same shape and size for now. You can have a look www.dancefilm.co.uk

It's a film festival and it's already started so I'm trying not to mess the website up.

Thank you anyway!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:38 pm
The requested URL / was not found on this server.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.