adding shadowbox

Create awesome game website with Game Magazine Joomla template
GK User
Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:53 pm
I am changing the background of the site to a much lighter color, and thus would like to add a shadow box surrounding the entire "content box" of the page...but obviously this "content box" is made up of several different CSS entries...I am having significant trouble finding ALL of them.

The "look" I'm after is basically what you did on the Boutique theme - where the entire box is surrounded by a drop shadow

As you can see from the attached screen shot, I've found a few spots that worked perfectly, but basically, if it's a black area, I can't get it to show up, and I know it's because I'm putting the box-shadow CSS element in the wrong location.

On a side note, I also cannot figure out how to get that light gray to white gradient to go away within the main menu.

Any help would be most appreciated =)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:58 am
Hi

Please use this code:

Code: Select all
#mainContent, #gkBottomWrap {
    box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000000;
}

GK User
Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:40 am
Yes, I have that added in that spot, but it goes away in the areas there is "black" as you can see in the screen shot above.

Also, can you please tell me where to remove the gradient color in the main menu?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:16 am
Hi

I need to see Your site than. I've tested this code in a clear quickstart installation and it worked there.

To remove gradient please use this code:

Code: Select all
#mainContent {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
}

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.