Slow Website

Create awesome game website with Game Magazine Joomla template
GK User
Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:59 am
Since using the Game Magazine template, the speed of my site TheGamerAccess.com has dropped tremendously! When using website speed tools my site is showing slower than over 85% of other sites. How can this be fixed as I have caching enabled?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:49 am
Hi

Your biggest problem is:

This page has 40 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.
This page has 22 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.
This page has 15 external background images. Try combining them with CSS sprites.

try use a compress plugin or reduce the number of this.

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:44 am
I don't understand these issues as I am just using your guy's template and didn't modify much at all and used the pack that installed it with Joomla. Can I provide you credentials and you take a look? Also what plugin would you recommend for compressing or how do I lower these?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:33 pm
Hi

You can use compression option in our template (Advanced settings tab) or a 3rd party extension like JCH plugin. Also using jotcache which is best cache solution I know will help greatly. Please try it and if You will have problems please send me an access to joomla panel.

GK User
Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:13 am
My site is still running slow with JotCache enabled. Which compression options should I turn on that will not ruin the looks of the site in any way?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:30 am
Hi

jotCache is basically turning Your website into one HTML file. There is no better way to make Your site faster. Because of that I think Your problem may be with scripts being loaded from outside. Show me Your site please.

GK User
Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:38 pm
I PM'd you my site information. Also I have noticed that the slide modules are no longer showing the slides since activating JotCache we need this fixed so we can edit the slides there. PLEASE respond ASAP as this is critical
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:55 am
Hi

I've checked Your site and here You can see results of test: http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/cYDAF8/ ... ccess.com/

Your website has to load over 10Mb of of data before it will be displayed fully. Most of the time is shared by outside connections like twitch, google analitics and such and videos which are loaded at full (??)

You need to reduce it to speed it up, there is nothing in template which affects that, just a content management.

GK User
Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:15 am
Not understanding how just Twitch and google analytics embedded along with the videos is taking up this space? Even when running the test on pages without videos and when I remove the twitch player, the results are very similar.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:23 pm
Hi

Take a look at our demo to compare http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/dz6kxp/ ... emagazine/

Than check Your site again. There is couple of broken files which probably cannot be reached or downloaded in full, so maybe this is a problem.

GK User
Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:09 am
When comparing the amount of load requests and load time are substantially different even when I try on pages without Twitch and such. Can you login and please just go through the settings and such and see if something stands out. I am beginning to think I don't have something set up right.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:25 pm
Hi

You have a total of 564 requests comparing with 99 requests out demo template uses. I do not know what over a half of this does, so I cannot be in much help here. I would start with resources mentioned as broken by the online test:

http://usher.twitch.tv/api/channel/hls/ ... 3Afalse%7D

chrome-extension://hfaagokkkhdbgiakmmlclaapfelnkoah/cast_sender.js

chrome-extension://fmfcbgogabcbclcofgocippekhfcmgfj/cast_sender.js

chrome-extension://enhhojjnijigcajfphajepfemndkmdlo/cast_sender.js

chrome-extension://boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd/cast_sender.js

Next step would be files with 0B, but still taking up time for connection, there is a lot of them, so You should work with online list.

GK User
Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:55 pm
I don't know how to do any of this or what to do. Can you take a look and show me exactly what I need to do?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:11 pm
Hi

I do not know either. For test You can use easyJquery plugin which has an option to block JavaScript. In advanced settings of this plugin just list the files You want to block. But the real solution would be to disable extension loading this broken/issues file.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.