Website Code Very Slow

Create awesome game website with Game Magazine Joomla template
GK User
Wed May 27, 2015 11:04 pm
I have exhausted every opportunity to see what could be causing my site to load so slow for users and it comes down to something with the template not being right. According to Google Analytics, the average load time for my site over the past week is an insane 40 seconds! I have tried various ad servers and even tested without any ads at all and the site load times do not improve. I pay $400 a month for a high-end dedicated server and my server never even comes close to reaching its max potential even during large peaks. I have spoken with a couple people and they are relating the issue to the code of the site. I am using the Game Magazine template and I have not done anything custom beyond the template. Can you guys please look into this and see what's causing the issue? Thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 28, 2015 8:59 am
Hi,
are for 100% sure it's a template fault ?
Maybe you have too many modules installed and enabled.
And you didn't enabled all features which can improve speed of Joomla, Gzip, cache etc.

I know that Game is not a new template, but I also used it on my private project and works smooth.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 28, 2015 6:57 pm
I do not believe it's the modules as I'm not really using any modules outside of the ones included with the template. When I pay around with those features, they tend to break my site. I am using JotCache, can you please login with the credentials I have sent to make sure JotCache is working correctly with your template and see if you can get those features working without breaking the site? Thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 28, 2015 11:51 pm
Sorry but I'm not a developer to make you a professional audit, to decide that is it for example a template not a extension fault in speed topic.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat May 30, 2015 12:29 pm
Hello,

Please try to enable the debug plugin and please check the stack generated by it - then you will see which extension causes the issue.
Administrator

GK User
Sun May 31, 2015 5:14 am
Not understanding what errors to look for and such. I sent you the credentials, can you please take a look?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 31, 2015 11:33 am
Please send me the PM message with back-end and FTP access to your website (I didn't receive this data from you yet).
Administrator

GK User
Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 pm
Message sent, thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:30 pm
Please provide me URLs which loads as slow as you have described, because for me your website is working and loading normally.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:25 am
The site loads great for me too, but Google Analytics has proved that the average load time is ridiculously long on average. Here are a couple link examples.

http://thegameraccess.com/shows/playing ... n-t-starve

http://thegameraccess.com/shows/60-minu ... unt-part-3
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:02 pm
I afraid that your issue is connected with fact that you have a lot of visits from countries with poor internet connection - please analyze deeply the GA stats - you can see from which countries and devices you have worst page loading times.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:48 pm
Hello dziudek,

Over 90% of my traffic comes from the US so I know this is not the case. Before I was using this template my site had similar visits and the average load time was always below 10 seconds.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:11 pm
So I have no idea what causes your issue - and most probably I will be unable to help you in this case. There is no obvious reason for this kind of dealy in the loading of the page.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:32 pm
Are you able to have your most technical person dive into this as its really hurting the performance of my site.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:03 am
This kind of services is beyond of our technical support.
Administrator

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.