Error while updating to 3.2.2

Business template for Joomla 3 and 2.5 ideal to create blog or personal website.
GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:07 pm
Hello!
I tried to update (thru Joomla updater) site from Joomla 3.1.1 to Joomla 3.2.2 and i got Fatal error: Call to a member function isAdmin() on a non-object in (...)plugins/system/remember/remember.php on line 42
I don't know what that plugin is for, and it is a very simple site. As far as I can remember, it was installed from the real design quickstart, with no special extensions. What to do?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:48 pm
Hi,
yes you're right this might be Joomla error, we done only template and modules.
Check here: http://forum.joomla.org/
maybe someone had similar problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:52 pm
p.s.
1) Joomla 3.2.2 needs new version of PHP, check if you have PHP 5.4
2) Add php_flag register_globals OFF to .htaccess
3) Do you have jHackGuard installed ? Some users had similar problems as you : http://forum.siteground.com/showthread. ... JHackGuard
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:41 pm
Pawel, Gavick's forum is my favourite place for hangout, there is a lot of smart people, and less the other ones, than in Joomla forum. Since I use Gavick templates, Joomla forum is my third choice (after Google). :)
I have seen some posts about JHackGuard, I don't use that, and I think that on this site there is really nothing except realdesign package.
register globals off got me only server error 500, so I must check php version with provider.
Thanks for fast response, if you think out something more, please ...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:23 pm
Thanks.
I wonder about other plugins, but ... I have no idea.
I updated my websites in last few hours to Joomla 3.2.3 without any problems.

Maybe Joomla_3.2.x_to_3.2.3-Stable-Patch_Package.zip will help you, update to latest version.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:00 pm
I solved the problem using the method from Joomla forum http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... &view=next
There are several methods that users tested when they were trying to fix the problem. I used FTP, rename remember.php to bak, copy original file from quickstart package, rename joomla.php to bak, copy original file, go to backend, extension manager, database, fix.
It looks like Joomla team did not bother to solve some problems for years. There is a workaround - before the update, go to plugin manager and disable remember plugin, do the update and re-enable remember.

Maybe it would be different if I updated extensions first, then Joomla itself. K2 (that comes with template) and JCE (that I allways install) were slightly out of date. Who knows.
So far, who is reading this - remeber that backup can spare you a lot of your time.
Pawel, thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 01, 2014 12:25 pm
Hello,

I have the same problem. Your solution did not help me. It writes me this
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Call to a member function isAdmin() on a non-object in /data/web/xxxxx/www/subdom/demo/plugins/system/remember/remember.php on line 42

It is clean demo installation. I updated to J2.5.20 yesterday and then I tried J3.3.

Is there any solution?

thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 01, 2014 12:36 pm
As you see you are not alone with Joomla! problems.
Did you tried to rename that file and use Fix and then recover file name again?
p.s.
Check more on official Joomla forum.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 01, 2014 3:18 pm
I upgraded from 2.5 to 3.3 about 6 Joomla sites everywhere is Rockettheme and it was with no problem. The problem was at 1 website where I have Gavick. Can K2 do it?

What file do you mean? If you mean the Lightrider way, I tried it and it does not work. But I do not know which joomla.php file he thought so I overwrote all 4 files.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 01, 2014 5:23 pm
But this error message which you saw it not from template but from Joomla itself.
p.s.Did you tried to update also template.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 01, 2014 8:37 pm
I have the latest version of the template for version 2.5. Do you think to install version 3.x there?If so, how hsould I install it there when Joomla does not work? Do you think through FTP or do it before upgrade from 2.5 to 3.x? It is strange for me when it is Joomla problem, it works with no problem on another websites where I upgraded.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri May 02, 2014 12:32 pm
It is strange, I tried some things today.

1. On J 2.5 - when I uninstall all GK and K2, upgrade to j3.x works (Joomla installation is from quickstart 2.5)
2. When I install clean Joomla, upgrade from 2.5 to 3.x works
3. When I install clean Joomla install GK template and 3 modules (tabs, image, news) upgrade from 2.5 to j3.x works
4. When I install clean Joomla install GK template and 3 modules (tabs, image, news) and K2 upgrade from 2.5 to j3.x works sometimes
5.When I install J3 from quickstart there is few strange things.

- after clean quickstart installation articles here are not shown, please have a look at the screen http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=gknxn.gif

- there is K2 2.6.7 after upgrade to 2.6.8, it writes this notification
Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /data/web/virtuals/xxx/www/subdom/demo/tmp/install_536380db33924/script.k2.php on line 119

- upgrade from J3.2.3 from J3.2.3 that is in quickstart to J3.3.0 works

It looks the error is somewhere only in J2.5.x in combination with K2 or GK or both. I have not found out anymore.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.