GK Modules configuration in common

Business template for Joomla 3 and 2.5 ideal to create blog or personal website.
GK User
Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:26 pm
hi, i've tried several of the gk-modules like News Show, Image Show, Tabs etcetera in The Real Design, none of 'm worked properly. that's why i think it has something to do with the configuration. especially if the module mode is not default the module almost never shows up. animation won't work at all, in none of the modules.
can you tell me what to do, because i like the style of the templates and the modules of Gavick, so i want them to work properly.
i use J!3, updated today to the newest version.
thanks in @vance....
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:39 am
Please check whether magic_quotes are disabled in your PHP configuration. I suspect that this cause problems in your installation.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:27 pm
There was no magic_quotes at all in my configuration.php. So I added it and set it to 0 (zero). Now the news show did some animation, but it went crazy. It started to go left/right/left/right/left/right/left/right/left/right/left/right/ in a very high speed. Then I changed the module mode to Vertical Scroller, but then it don't move at all, not even when I click on the navigation buttons. Maybe the External Files settings?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:33 pm
When the magic quotes were on and now you've disabled them the only way is to reinstall module and re-create all instances. Due to this wrong previous configuration right now the new one can't be saved properly.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:41 am
I'm a bit confused now. Do magic quotes to be enabled or disabled? There was no entry in my configuration.php, so after your answer I added it and put it to disabled (0)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:48 am
I uninstalled the modules, switched magic quotes on and installed the mods again and now it's working fine so far. Thanks for your support bkrztuk....
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:07 pm
Hm,hurrayed too early. Tabs are working fine now, but News Show and Grid are still having problems.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:38 pm
Magic Quotes have to be disabled. Please just look at Joomla! requirements. This setting is causing all problems in your installation.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm
Like I said, at the beginning there was no Magix Quotes at all. Then added it to configuration.php and disabled it, uninstalled all the Gavick Tools like News Pro, Tabs etcetera and installed them again. The result is the same: not working properly.
Is there some kind of a manual or description how to set up Joomla / K2 / Gavick template to let the tools work properly?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:51 pm
Our tools don't require any special configuration. Complete description of particular module features you will find at [url]gavick.com/documentation[/url]. What you mean right now by not working properly? Could you attach some screenshot?
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.