Main Menu - Not showing on Samsung Mobile

Business template for Joomla 3 and 2.5 ideal to create blog or personal website.
GK User
Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:41 pm
Good afternoon,

I am in need of some assistance please...

I am using the joomla! 2.5 version of "The Real Template" and have set the mobile settings to Default on all options.

The website main menu shows perfectly fine on desktop, iphone, ipad and other devices except for Samsumg mobiles. Please can you kindly assist me with how I can resolve this.

My website url is www.newvisionworx.co.uk

Any help will be greatly received - thank you.

Mark
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:10 pm
Hi

This is interesting. Please send me an access to FTP.

teitbite
Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:56 pm
Hi

I have passed the access to programmers. Will let You know when they will answer.

GK User
Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:32 pm
Thank you, your help with this is very much appreciated.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:11 pm
Hi

Please tell me if the same issue is visible while looking at our demo: http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/therealdesign/ with the same device.

GK User
Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:04 am
It will appear to be different (the mobile Android version) unless it is set to default.

The issue with mine is, I have deliberately made all the settings point to default, that is when the main menu does not show.

I hope this helps?

Thanks for your continued support - Mark
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:42 pm
Hi

That's also a usefull information, but please tell me if site here http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/therealdesign/ shows menu in the same mobile device or not ?

GK User
Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:35 pm
I have visited the link...

and the menu shows fine, but it isn't the default website.

Thanks - Mark
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:12 pm
Hi

If menu works when You are watching our demo site than I suspect it's not visible on Your website because of customisations. Please strip customisations and check it than.

GK User
Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:22 pm
Thanks for your response.

The customisations are only visual and nothing regards to the operation/functioning has been changed or adapted.

I have just uploaded the demo site and content to another domain to test without customisations. In the mobile settings, I have also changed them to default and the menu doesnt show there either. So, definitely an issue with the template somewhere, but I am unable to establish where.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:33 pm
Hi

If You can show me this new, clean installation and send me an access and ftp to it than I will have something so show to programmers. Right now site is heavily customised and there is no way to tell if css changes has not shifted the menu outside the visible area.

GK User
Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:08 pm
Thank you for your patience waiting for me to upload the clean demo again for you to see. In the meantime, would you be kind enough to suggest how I can change the background colour on the mobile setting for android to Black and the font to white please?

Thank you for your continued help with this - I am very appreciative.

Mark
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:34 am
Hi

There may be much more changes but this is where You have to start:

Code: Select all
body {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #444;
    color: #fff;
}

GK User
Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:08 pm
Is this coding situated within the main template file or is there a separate one for mobile template?

Thank you - Mark
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:09 pm
Hi

There is a file /css/mobile.css You can use. But remember this file will be overwritten during template update.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.