Module Title Text Position

Business template for Joomla 3 and 2.5 ideal to create blog or personal website.
GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:35 pm
Hi there,
I have the following code at the end of my template.css file to centre the module titles of the modules on my front page -

Code: Select all
.box.color1 .header,
.box.color2 .header,
.box.color3 .header,
.box.bubble .header {
text-align: center;
}

As you can see by my site - http://122.201.103.239/~develop/ - the CSS code is working for 2 of the colours, but the template it set to blue as the default style and it is this colour in the modules that is not in the centre.
Can anyone advise on any extra code or changes that need to be made to the current to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Sarah
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:58 am
First of all, don't modify template core files... Use override.css instead (remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section).

Sadly, I cant access your site, could you please check if it is working correctly?

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:01 am
It finally loaded:
.box.color1 .header,
.box.color2 .header,
.box.color3 .header,
.box.bubble .header,
.box.shadow header {
}

should fix the problem.

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:25 pm
Hi Cyberek,
Thanks for your reply!
If you were experiencing an issue with the site taking forever to appear on first load, it only does this on your first connection to the site each day - then it should be fine after that.
(Note: I'm not concerned about this as it is simply a testing and development server with no live sites) :)

I accidentally first posted my issue to the Support Ticket system and the generous man who replied told me to add the code to the end of my template.css file.
Hence why it is in there - I would normally use a custom.css file or as you said, the override.css

Right, back to the issue -
I have downloaded and opened my override.css file and pasted in the code you provided. Unfortunately it does not seem to have worked...
If you feel that the current code I've been provided is not sufficient or not quite right, then please feel free to provide something that you think might work better!

When I use the code above, I have to take out the "bubble" suffix as that part of the module does not centre - it simply stays where it is and although the text sits in the centre the "bubble" pushes it slightly more towards the right...

Is there anything else you could suggest?
Thanks for your help so far!
Sarah
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:29 pm
P.S - Here is a screen shot of my override.css file just in case I've put it in wrong.... :)
SnapCrab_NoName_2014-4-2_9-27-57_No-00.png
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:38 pm
Sorry, my mistake:
.box.color1 .header,
.box.color2 .header,
.box.color3 .header,
.box.bubble .header,
.box.shadow .header {
}

GK User
Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:21 pm
Hi again,

No luck on that one! All the headers have now moved back to the right.
Ive attached another shot of my css file for you to take a look at and see if you can see if I'm doing something wrong...
SnapCrab_NoName_2014-4-3_9-13-58_No-00.png

Sarah
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:51 am
Have you disabled ouse of override.css in template settings?

GK User
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:50 pm
Bingo!
Thankyou for your help!
I just had to go in and turn"on" the css override feature - it must have been automatically disabled on the template when I installed it.

Everything is right where it needs to be now - Issue solved!! Thankyou again for all your help - it is very much appreciated!!! :D
Have a great day!!
Sarah
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:53 am
No problem :). I'm glad I could help.
If You will have any other questions, feel free to post new forum threads.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.