Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::get()

Winter sport ecommerce template for Joomla with VirtueMart support
GK User
Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:44 am
Hi, i recently made a full upgrade to both joomla and virtuemart so from j2.5 i upgrade it to j3 and so i did for virtuemart. After that i upgdated the template esport to the latest v3 compatible version, but there must be some problem cause in frontend all i get is a blank page with this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::get() in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/xxxxxxxx.gr/libraries/cms/module/helper.php on line 215

in line around 215 in the helper.php file is this:

// Check if the current module has a style param to override template module style
$paramsChromeStyle = $params->get('style');

if ($paramsChromeStyle)
{
$attribs['style'] = preg_replace('/^(system|' . $template . ')\-/i', '', $paramsChromeStyle);
}

I checked by changing template and the site is working fine.

Could you please advise?

Thanks in advance
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:55 am
bump
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:01 am
Hi

That's odd. Error message is pointing directly to joomla not template. Please send me an access to joomla panel and ftp. I'll check.

GK User
Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:32 am
Hi Teitbite, i have just uploaded the site on my server and besides the frontend error, now i don't have access to backend either, it is just a blank page where i can not login. Do you want me to send you ftp access or what?

Thanks

P.S. the previous messages were referring at my mamp server where at least backend was working
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:40 am
Ok I reuploaded everything and backend now works, the problem is only at frontend wi the same message as already mentioned.

I am sending you joomla and ftp access. Thanks
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:15 am
Hi

This looks to be an issue in joomla itself. I would start from reinstalling joomla. What are the server settings ? Is it enough to run joomla at all ? Function get() is one of the most common functions, so if it cannot be found than I believe some files has to be missing.

GK User
Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:44 pm
Hi teitbite, i just reinstall joomla on top of the previous installation, and it keeps giving me the same message. I have tried with the default joomla templates and it doesn't show up the same message but when trying to access products from virtuemart i get a different message:

Fatal error: Class VirtueMartControllerCategories cannot extend from interface JController in /home/xxxxx/public_html/new/components/com_virtuemart/controllers/categories.php on line 31.

I am running on the same server many joomla installations so i can't imagine a server side problem. So why with esport template i have and the home page error problem and not with the other templates?

Also i checked on error log of the server and there is nothing there.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:00 pm
Hi

Ok. Problem is that this template is not supported anymore and some of the modules are not working with newest joomla or newest virtuemart. When I disabled all NSP GK4 modules and GK Registration (both discontinued) template is usable. You just need to replace this modules with GK5 version I've installed already. I only have no replacement for GK Registration, sorry.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.