How to rename "readmore"?

Best WordPress theme for game news websites, game portals or whatever your preferred subject.
GK User
Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:43 pm
Hello,

Where can I rename the "readmore" button on post visible on the main page?

Is it in

wp-includes/post.php
gavern/helpers/helpers.layout.fragments.php
gavern/widgets.nsp.php

?

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:28 pm
If you don't use the language files, then you have change it directly in the mentioned files - but as I remmber it will be only in the widgets.nsp.php file, because you said about the button used in the news show pro widget.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:14 pm
Hello I have (sort of) the same question.
I have translated the GameNews.pot creating a nl_NL.mo and nl_NL.po file.
All the text has been translated to "LEES MEER", but only on the categories pages.
On the front page the "READ MORE" stays in English.
Any idea where this is located?
I have been searching for the file gavern/widgets.nsp.php but I don't see it in that location.
I don't think it's included anymore?

Thanks in advance!

Robert
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:11 pm
Hello,

Did you refreshed the widget instances cache after applying the changes in the *.pot file? (You should resave the widgets).
Administrator

GK User
Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:34 am
Hello dziudek,

Thanks for reading and replying.
Yes, I did save all the widgets (especially the mainbody multiple times to be sure) but "read more" is still staring at me ;)
Strange, because on all other pages except the front page it's translated to Dutch (lees meer).
See www.0522.nl

Thanks in advance :)

Greetings,

Robert
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:41 am
Please review your theme and wordpress translation - I see more untranslated strings - calendar is in english and in the archive is text "Monthly archives:" - it seems that your website translation is incomplete.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:15 pm
Hi again,

I've now translated everything from the GameNews file and saved it to the pol and mol file (quite a LOT of work) :P
Looks like not everything is translated, like you mentioned in the other post (in the calendar).
Is this hard coded maybe? I saved everything that has a button "Save" :)

Thanks again for reading.

Robert
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:32 pm
Calendar is a core WordPress widget - are you using a translated version of WordPress?
Administrator

GK User
Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:33 am
Hi again,

Thanks, I will look overthere.
I used the quickstart version of Game News which is in English and then tranlated it with Poe Edit :)
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.