specify a postspage and a homepage?

Best WordPress theme for game news websites, game portals or whatever your preferred subject.
GK User
Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:01 pm
Hi,

we are using the front page of this design as our main home page (not news page) but we have added a blog/posts page which we are having issues adding into the breadcrumb, how are we able to go about specifying a dedicated homepage and posts page?

we want it to display like this in the breadcrumbs:
home / blog / category name / post name

But it displays it like this:
site title / category name / post name

The blog breadcrumb vanishes once you go past it, does this have to be done through a breadcrumb conditional rule?

Also how is the homepage controlled i cannot find any page settings for it apart from the backend seo one's and the reading settings that if i change anything it just redirects me back to the index/homepage, we need to add the homepage as the blog pages parent and i see no no way to do it apart from creating another homepage through the pages settings and assign that as a static home?
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:58 am
Hi,
Please try to leave default frontpage (latest posts) and navigate to GameNews- > Template Options -> Basic tab and disable "Widgets Display on Homepage" option. Then you should see default blog posts on your frontpage.

GK User
Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:57 pm
You clearly did not read what i asked correctly... i said we want only widgets on frontpage as it already is but we want a posts/blog page to have the homepage as it's parent, thanks for your answer but i think you did not read what i asked....
Senior Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:36 am
If this option is disabled you should see widgets on your frontpage, but on the Mainbody widget area - there will be latest posts displayed. If you want to have another page with latest posts only you should use Page with "Latest Posts" template. It's the only option I think.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.