Cache Problem Boutique

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:05 am
Hello, I seem to have a cache problem. The images often don't load for this module that I created: "PortailQG"

I have a mouseover image for this module and it won't load neighter when this problem occurs.

Only at this link the problem occurs. Would it be a natine SEF problem?
http://piano.quebecguitare.ca/professeurs-piano-montreal/montreal/maude-langevin-charlebois

Please PM for access to the backend.
Thank you

//System info:
Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.27 Stable [ Ember ] 30-September-2014 14:00 GMT
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:13 am
Here are the K2 SEF options enabled from Native engine
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:19 am
Only Use GK Cache is ON. The other options for CSS and compression are OFF.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:59 am
Hi

Please tell me where can I see this module. I see no name "PortailQG", but there is a banner with QG in name, so maybe it's the module, but images are working ??

teitbite
Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:03 pm
Hi

I could not login with the access You've send me. I got:

Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet.

But I must say I clicked Your website a lot and this images on right top corner are always visible. Also they are static elements so it's not likely be affected by cache. Is there a page You often see them gone ?

GK User
Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:54 am
Hi,my apologies. The last link sent for login was wrong. I've sent the new link in private msg. Please have a try with the same user info.

The problem still occurs. I've added a snippet in attachement.

IMPORTANT:
The problem only occurs under the menu items "Professeurs/Montréal" and "Professeurs/Montréal/Maude Langevin-Charlebois"

These icon have a second "hover image".

Regards.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 am
Hi

Please send me an access to ftp. I've noticed that disabling SEF helps as well, so I'll check htaccess and other files responsible.

Also please make sure there is no server cache enabled. Sometimes I had to wait couple of minutes to see changes on site, so this may be ON.

GK User
Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:02 am
Thank you Teitbite!

I just sent you the FTP access by private msg.

Also on the hosting server, cache is DISABLED.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:48 am
Hi

I still wan't able to figure the problem out. But I'm sure it's a problem with baseUrl being created for every page with the current url and not the acctuall home link. Anyway I've added a full path to the images in module to just make it work. Sorry, but I cannot figure out what is wrong here. Everything looks to se configuread correctly except this baseUrl value, but I do not know what it causing it. Sorry. Hope the workearound works for You.

GK User
Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:15 pm
Thank you. Seems to work now.

I encountered a similar problem with a module picture that wouldn't load until I refreshed the cache.

What did you do as a workaround, you've put the intire link for the image (ie.: http://piano.quebecguitare.ca/images/ic ... al_Gtr.png instead of just : .../images/icons/Portal_Gtr.png) ?

Thank you
Regards.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:11 pm
Hi

I agree this can be cache related, but I do not see a way to fix it. The link I've mentioned already may be build wrongly and cache can be one of a reasons for that.

Yes I have used a full path to the images in module's content.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.