Front page image look - create the same layout?

GK User
Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 pm
How is the front page image layout look achieved?

Has it been do with a plugin and if so, which plugin
The images look to be in the article, if so did you use module positions, How were they positioned?

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:47 pm
From what I know, there is an Image Show in gkHeader1 module position, two News Show Pro module positioned in gkHeader2 module position, and one custom html module positioned in gkHeader2 position.

GK User
Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:07 am
Hi, I have looked for the modules beginning with "gk" but don't have any. nor do I have any positions named gk...

I installed the basic template to a live site. Do I have plugins or something else missing from my configuration?

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:39 pm
I have now the missing plugins and installed them. I am setting up but it is difficult, I think I have a working grid configuration.

How do I make the module appear in the page? when i use {loadposition fp-grid} I get the error message that i have a missing value or something is wrong.

Can you help?

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:42 pm
The screenshot doesn't look to good now, but it shows that I cannot see the values for the settings. A glitch that needs at!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:12 pm
gkGrid is a module - so you need to put it as a module somewhere on your site. Now it uses graphical interface to create the grid - and elements that grid uses are other modules (custom html for example).
Please see this documentation:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... k5-module/
or better - if you have access to any template that uses GK Grid - download its quickstart, install on local machine and check how things works.

GK User
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 am
Hi, I am still having problems with this grid plugin

I had to uninstall and re-install the plugin to fix the faulty “backend grid setup page” which did not display the table’s entry boxes correctly.

Take a look at this page http://www.showgroundmodels.co.uk/index.php?id=112

The article code is like this...

{loadposition fp-grid,M1} which seems to work okay
{loadposition fp-grid,M2}
{loadposition fp-grid,M3}

In GK grid the position is fp-grid

In the table I created 7 blocks, I notice that when I save the module and then go back into the grid setup again the preview are is blank but all the blocks on the left do show correctly.

When I view the page, I don’t see any grid, even with a thick border.

What can you see that is wrong with this plugin?

Thanks

Tim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:33 am
Could the problem be the way the grid is referenced?

position fp-grid appears to works

position fp-grid,M2 does not work

The reference is correct, as per the instructions?

Tim
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:23 am
Please ask your question about grid in separate thread (in GK Grid forum).

GK User
Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:41 pm
Apparently there is no separate forum for the Grid problems.

Does anyone have a solution that may resolve the problem. the grid cannot be referenced?
see
http://www.showgroundmodels.co.uk/index.php?id=112

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:20 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to joomla panel I'll check the grid module issue. But I think the module position cannot use dotts or commas as You mentioned earlier.

teitbite
Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:27 pm
Hi

Sorry I have missed Your mail with access. Must have marked it as read by accident.

I've visited Your site, but I do not understand what are You trying to do. Grid module is not published anywhere. It's attached to a "Fashion + Commercial" menu item which has a type of Comunity Builder and is unpublished, so there is no way You can use it. You need to publish Grid module in one of the available module positions to than You can refere to new module positions created by this module.

Once again sorry for delay. Please try to make what I said and than let me know if You have any other problems. About the borders in modules than module styles are only available with some module positions (depends from designer invention where He allowed it to be used or not, to not destroy the layout). Custom module positions loaded by {loadposition xxx} option are not supporting module styles for sure.

GK User
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:25 am
Well guys, nearly 2 weeks have past and I still cannot get the GK grid to work as it should.

I have emailed Tietbite 3 times, provided the login details and still not received any replies. forum support doesn't work as it's way too slow..

I contacted the live support desk yesterday but there is no answer. The support for these templates is very disappointing.

Anyway, it's to give up with GAVICK PRO. I won't bother with a continuous subscription.

The best advice I could give for Gavick Pro templates is to avoid. they may have a good web presence, but nothing much else!

Goodbye!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:33 pm
Hi

Sorry, You feel this way, but I'm pretty sure You are not using Grid as it was designed for. That's why I asked You to explain to me what are You trying to achieve, because I cannot even see a Grid module attached to any page. Please explain and I'll be more than happy to make it for You, so You can compare during using it again.

GK User
Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:55 pm
Hi Teitbite, I have removed all the boutique template files and won't be using any other of the Gavick Pro templates.

I will request a refund from your chat desk, but as you may know. the last time I asked for a refund I was just left hanging on in the chat window.

If I don't get any joy today. I will request a refund via Paypal. thanks Tim
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:54 pm
Hi

Ok. No problem. I just regret that You have not explain what You expect from the module. I can assure You it's working, but You just used it wrong.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.