Register / Login Areas

GK User
Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:08 pm
A few issues with the Register and Login (or Sign In and Become a Member) areas of Boutique:

When I click on Become A Member, the popup box appears. I complete the information, however it doesn't register immediately. For some reason, there is no CAPTCHA on the pop up box, so it takes you to another screen with the CAPTCHA. This is very annoying. How do I fix it to be right from the beginning?
    When I finished with the Become A Member section, no email was sent to my account to confirm. All the other email settings around the website work 100%. Just this is not working.
    When I am finished submitting the Become A Member form, it directs me to http://www.stylenouveau.co.za/joomla-pages-ii/user-registration.html?layout=complete - I can't find joomla-pages-ii anywhere. But this URL MUST be changed. How/where do I change this??
    When I click the Sign In button, i am asked if I want to sign in with Facebook, however, when I click the button, it does not redirect me to sing in.
    If I click the Forget Password link, the email does not arrive
    If I click Forgot Username link, the email does not arrive

There are just so so so many problems with this template and its extensions. I hope that someone can assist me with my problems above.

The Login and Register modules do not have any settings that I can play around with, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:36 am
Hi Samantha...

to me it's sound like a bad email configuration more than a problem with the template...
did you try to see f everything is ok with the parameters of the email in your config.php?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:09 am
Yep, everything is correct on the config file.
As mentioned, all the other emails sent from the website work perfectly.
Just not this part.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:29 pm
All mail configurations are not depends of template but your mail config in Joomla, you can try to switch to default template and test results.

The problem with reCaptcha may be related with not updated template or wrongly updated, please make sure that you have the latest version and you update all module from rest_files package. Then make sure that reCaptcha is enabled in users settings.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:58 pm
CaptcaChrome.tiff

I've had the same issue with Captcha, and now my client says a customer tried entering the Captcha 10 times to no avail (although I haven't been able to duplicate that).

I've attached a screen shot of the popup Create an Account in Chrome, where the Captcha doesn't appear at all, and the Register button appears twice below the blank area where the Captcha should be.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:01 pm
Please attach image again because your first attachment is not working.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:06 pm
bkrztuk wrote:All mail configurations are not depends of template but your mail config in Joomla, you can try to switch to default template and test results.

The problem with reCaptcha may be related with not updated template or wrongly updated, please make sure that you have the latest version and you update all module from rest_files package. Then make sure that reCaptcha is enabled in users settings.

The template and the modules say that they are fully up to date.
Re-Captcha is enabled.

Bkrztuk - can I PM you the website details so that you can have a look?
This is driving me crazy and my client as well.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:01 pm
Hi there,
I have the same problem! Did you find the solution?
thanks!
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.