K2 Store Cart not working

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 am
Hi,

I have been trying everything to make the cart working. Add to cart works fine from Items, but when I click the cart Icon (k2 cart module on cart position) nothing happens. Why can't I see the conent of the cart? Thanks! Christian
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:22 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site.

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:59 pm
www.mining-builds.com

the cart button tries to invoke the id btnCart. I don't know how to configure the cart button. The Cart Menu Item shows the cart just fine.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:21 pm
Could you already have a look? thx, Christian
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:59 pm
please check your pm, took the site offline. thx!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:44 pm
Hi

Cart is working. I can see it in code. Problem is the button which is not showing the cart popup. Please send me an access to ftp so I'll fix the javascript for it.

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:56 pm
thx, got PM :-) The Items in the Cart should also be beside the Cart Icon right? The Popup also looks somewhat strange, or is this normal? thx
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 am
Hi, sorry to bug again, but any news on this? cheers, Christian
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:32 pm
Hi

Please do not bump Your own posts. It only moves Your question to the end of the line since date resets to the last post in thread and it takes me more time to get to it.

I figured out why it was not working. When this template was developed there were no working system for Joomla 3.0, so it was not implemented in this joomla version. Luckly there were still a code for cart position, so it only required some codding to manage buttons.

I have added this to /js/gk.scripts.js and looks it's working fine right now.

Code: Select all
   jQuery('#btnCart').click(function(){
      jQuery('#gkPopupLogin').css({'display': 'block', 'opacity': 0, 'height' : 0});
      jQuery('#gkPopupRegister').css({'display': 'block', 'opacity': 0, 'height' : 0});
      jQuery('#gkPopupCart').css('display','block');
      jQuery('#gkPopupOverlay').css('display','block');
   });

jQuery('#gkPopupOverlay').click(function(){
      jQuery('#gkPopupLogin').css({'display': 'block', 'opacity': 0, 'height' : 0});
      jQuery('#gkPopupRegister').css({'display': 'block', 'opacity': 0, 'height' : 0});
      jQuery('#gkPopupCart').css('display','none');
      jQuery('#gkPopupOverlay').css('display','none');
   });

GK User
Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:53 pm
sorry for the bump and thx a lot for your help!!!

Is there any chance, that the articles in the cart are displayed beside the cart icon?

thx again, Christian
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:01 pm
Hi

Do You mean to show products in popup cart ? This should be done by K2store module. Isn;t it working? I cannot enter Your site to check if offline.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.