multilingual site

GK User
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:53 pm
I am sorry, but it is so frustrating... I installed boutique from a quickstart package in Joomla 3. I added a couple of languages. It created all the menus for the particular languages with menu item each. I enabled language switcher and nothing works... this is what I get (printscreen)...
Where are the language flags allowing to switch from one language to another? How to use the language menus?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:11 am
Hi

Have you created content languages? Looks like its the missing part. If this is not the problem please send me an access joomla panel.

GK User
Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:20 pm
This morning I sent you a private message with the access to the site. Did you get it?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:46 am
Hi

I see the problem. You ned to add a separated menu with a home element (and only home element) of each language. Which means You will need as many menus as You have languages insalled. Plus one menu with a home element set as a default for all languags where all menu elements should be but attached to a language it should be displayed with.

My advice would be to use Falang component for translations, much less work with as many languages as You trying to use.

GK User
Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:18 am
I don't really get it. I have a menu dedicated to all languages. Let's say I need only two languages to have, what then?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:40 pm
Help! It must be about the template. I've done everything according to the tutorial. Still not working................
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:35 pm
HEEEELLLLLPPPPP!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:49 am
HELP!!!!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:15 pm
The language switcher will be visible on position which you have select in module options, usually it is lang position but this is your configuration issue. Did you read multilanguage configuration tutorial ? >> http://www.gavick.com/forums/boutique-j ... 32591.html This article clearly explains that you need to publish all menu items in one menu but assign them for different languages. The ghost menus are only for homepage.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:26 pm
Ok. Now, I think I got it. It is quite the other way around than all the tutorials I've watched... Thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:15 pm
Is there anything else I can help you with? Did you create this menu structure? Can I check your site?
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.