NSP article title linking to external url

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:39 am
Hi I would like to know if its possible to link to an external url an article into News Show Pro module. At this moment the title (and thumbs and read more button) links to the article url but i need to link to an external url

Thanks for your great help
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:41 pm
Hi,
by now it's not possible....

....but there are 3 tips:

First, You have to add this link into article when intro is shown this link might work...
but this won't work for images and titles!!! sorry we can not customize module for your needs.
Second option.... you can create similar appearance inside Custom HTML module... are there you can do want you want.
Third option .... as source of data you can use XML and there you can add ... want you need, check module settings.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:22 am
Pawel F wrote:Hi,
by now it's not possible....

....but there are 3 tips:

First, You have to add this link into article when intro is shown this link might work...
but this won't work for images and titles!!! sorry we can not customize module for your needs.
Second option.... you can create similar appearance inside Custom HTML module... are there you can do want you want.
Third option .... as source of data you can use XML and there you can add ... want you need, check module settings.

Your third option is an excellent idea. There Is not much documentation about that but i did it. Do you know if it's possible to open the url between <url> tags on a new tab?

thanks again
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:23 pm
Your third option is an excellent idea. There Is not much documentation about that but i did it. Do you know if it's possible to open the url between <url> tags on a new tab?

thanks again
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:55 pm
aj_salazar wrote:Your third option is an excellent idea. There Is not much documentation about that but i did it. Do you know if it's possible to open the url between <url> tags on a new tab?

thanks again

Hi Pawel F. I found a solution. I post it here to documentation .

<url>DESTINATION " target=_blank</url>
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.