1064 SQL syntax errors in NSPgk4 pulling K2 items

GK User
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Hi Gavick.com,

I'm running TWN2 on a Joomla 3.3.6 site.
I originally built it on J2.5.x, and then did the mini-migration to 3.3.6. I also upgraded the template to the J3 version. It was running okay, but now I am getting the following error message when clicking on any of the K2 articles displayed in the News Show Pro gk4 module on the Home page. I am pulling articles from about 15 K2 categories.

Code: Select all
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'content.id = 12 OR content.id = 13 OR content.id = 14 OR content.id = 16 OR ' at line 27 SQL=SELECT categories.title AS cat, content.id AS ID, content.access AS access, categories.title AS cat, users.email AS author_email, users.name AS author, content_rating.rating_sum AS rating_sum, content_rating.rating_count AS rating_count, categories.id AS CID FROM nxug2_content AS content LEFT JOIN nxug2_categories AS categories ON categories.id = content.catid LEFT JOIN nxug2_content_frontpage AS frontpage ON content.id = frontpage.content_id LEFT JOIN nxug2_users AS users ON users.id = content.created_by LEFT JOIN nxug2_content_rating AS content_rating ON content_rating.content_id = content.id WHERE 1=1 content.id = 12 OR content.id = 13 OR content.id = 14 OR content.id = 16 OR content.id = 17 OR content.id = 18AND ( content.id = 12 OR content.id = 13 OR content.id = 14 OR content.id = 16 OR content.id = 17 OR content.id = 18) AND categories.published = 1 ORDER BY content.created ASC

My server is running MySQL 5.0.96 and PHP 5.3.28.

Not being adept at MySQL, I'm not sure what to do with the above message, but my first guess is that the version of NSPgk4 may not be compatible with MySQL 5.0.96. I am using the NSPgk4 version for J3. I also tried configuring NSPgk5 and got that same error message.

When I enabled debugging and set the error reporting level to Development, I got a bunch of Strict Standards error messages in the NSPgk4 module space where K2 item titles and intro text would normally display.

Any help is appreciated in solving this.

Thanks,
Railer
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:36 pm
The version of K2 is 2.6.9.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:00 pm
Bump...
I read elsewhere that this error could be caused by selecting empty K2 categories as a data source in NSPGK4, so I only selected categories with items in them. But I'm still getting the 1064 error.
Please help.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:16 pm
Okay, no responses to this thread. I ended up posting this issue to the News Show Pro GK4 forum and Teitbite provided a solution.

He suggested unpublishing all NSP modules and then publishing them one at a time, checking between to see if the problem goes away.

Sure enough, I had a copy of a different module which had a data source (Joomla Categories) and the selected category had no articles filed under it.

Problem solved. I guess all of the NSP modules can have an effect upon each other.

Thanks Teitbite!
Gold Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.