Duplicating Articles after website migration

GK User
Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:36 pm
I just migrated from J2.5 to J3. After enabling my extensions my articles all seem to be repeating themselves on every page. Read More sections are also repeating.

I tried disabling some extensions to see if they were causing this and also checked the HTML content, but I don't see anything wrong.

I've attached a couple screen shots to show what it looks like.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:01 pm
Hi

I think I know this issue. It happens with some specific server configurations. Please send me an access to ftp and url to example of such page.

GK User
Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:51 pm
This site is an internal test website, you will not be able to access it.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:23 pm
Hi

Ok than please let me know if it's a K2 or a regular joomla article page which is having this problem and I'll prepare an adjusted files for You.

GK User
Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:56 pm
They are just regular Joomla articles. All pages are affected.
Thank you!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:05 pm
Hi

Please replace this file in template's /html/com_content/article/default.php

GK User
Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:04 pm
Thank you for taking the time to do that!
Duplicate articles on every page have been fixed! BUT the articles that use "Read More" are still duplicating the Introductions on the home page. (See my first attachment above).
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:41 pm
Might it be a problem with Gavern Mobile?
I inspected the "Read More" in my Chrome browser and a <gavern:mobile> tag came up, so I removed it to see what would happen and it took away the duplicated article.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:04 pm
<h2<gavern:gk_collapsible></h2<gavern:gk_collapsible>

These and other h2 tags are not closed properly. I can't seem to find the file to check this out. Where might it exist?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:08 pm
Hi

I thought articles were the only place You've mentioned. Here is a file for featured. Replace it in /html/com_content/featured/default_item.php

GK User
Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:21 pm
Sorry! Yes, that worked for the featured articles on the home page.
I also have a Category Blog page that has articles using Read More that are still duplicating.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:06 pm
Hi

Ok :) I hope it's the last one. /html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

GK User
Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:04 pm
I know, I would have been more specific if I knew it would take 3 files to fix! I added the file, but now to blog page is blank white with just the header "Township News". I get the error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JHtml::core() in /var/www/html/templates/gk_twn2/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php on line 57
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:21 pm
Hi

I must have removed an important line by accident. Please send me an access to ftp and url to the page with this problem.

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:36 pm
I can't, it is an internal test website being run through SFTP. My supervisor does not want me to give out any login information for this site.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:18 pm
We are working on getting a duplicate of the site going for others to login to.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:52 pm
Here is the information I can provide for the duplicate of the test site for you. It will only be available for 7 days. Please let me know exactly which files you change because I will need to transfer them over myself to the test site I am running:

[edited by moderator]
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:18 pm
Hi

This is a public forum, so please do not post an access here. I have changed one file /html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

GK User
Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:19 pm
I have copied over the file that you changed, but there is no change on my website.
Is it possible to just attach the file like before?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:13 pm
Hi

I've made the change via joomla editor so it will not be possible to download this file, but it would be the same as copying it from /html/com_content/category/blog_item.php path. What is the problem ? Is it not working or makes no difference ?

Anyway I've edited the access out since it's a public forum, so I do not have it any more.

GK User
Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:49 pm
It just made no difference.
I can PM you the info again, I think today is the last day it will be available. I will see if I can get the access extended.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:16 am
Hi

I think we should leave it for now and wait for the website to be online. So I'll change it there directly. We have tried with a file I modified from quickstart. We have tried with site's copy and it works either with copy and quickstart. I need to see what is so different about this "orginal" website that such small change is breaking it.

GK User
Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:23 pm
I don't believe I transferred the file correctly. I got some help and it is working now.
Thanks for your time!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:41 pm
Hi

No problem. Glad I could help :)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.