Keep Look of TWN2 but upgrade to fully responsive?

GK User
Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:12 am
Hi Guys I absolutely love the look of this template and do not want to loose it by upgrading to another template just for the responsive capabilities for Ipad and Iphones and blackberries etc., etc.,
Ofcourse I have to make my site reponsive whether I like it or not and since it is being launch in 2 weeks and we need it up to date what are my options? How can I preserve this great templates look and yet bring it into the new responsive world of mobile devices and coping with their smaller screens????
I had a look and this template is too difficult on these devices as is but I dont want to loose how it looks as is at the moment before responsive upgrade at least not on desktops and laptops. So what are my choices? I have had an offer from a developer to upgrade it to responsive for me for $150 USD but this seems steep is there any other choices open to me.
Thanks Guys
Love your Work
Tom
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:44 pm
Hello,

Unfortunately we have no plans to add RWD support in this template - it is too old. In this case if you want to make it responsive, you have to do it by yourself or by some freelancers.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:12 pm
I guess it is the design and look of the top and bottom menus and the module styles of the layout of TWN2 that we really like and can't find anything that looks as good as them so they are all we need to keep if we must choose. So perhaps you could advise us on the best way forward to find a template stuctured so our plan to copy them over to a new up-to-date responsive template may work with the least amount of fussing around and highest possiblity of replicating the brilliant TWN2 look?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:50 pm
I'm sorry but currently we have no templates with the same structure - responsive templates have a very different structure than the non-responsive ones. You can look at these responsive ones: http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/news/ http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/news2/
Administrator

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.