Nothing works anymore ?

GK User
Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:51 am
Hi World News users ! I hope somebody can help me, I'm already feeling desperate :(
All of a sudden I cannot see anthing on my page :roll:
For over 2 years there has been no big problems. Now, there is no Frontend on our school page www.pug-monheim.de
I ve already checked if I set a "Homepage" (in Menu management, little star is set). The Backend works normal. Should I reinstall the template and everything ? Thanks in advance
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:00 pm
Hi

Please rise error showing level to maximum in joomla global configuration. This should reveal what problem is with the site.

GK User
Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:07 pm
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
I ve set it to "Maximum".
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:29 pm
But nothing has changed so far. Still no frontend. :?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:53 pm
Hi

Not even errors of any kind ? Please contact Your hosting support and ask them to allow showing errors. I need to know this errors to be able to tell what is broken and than fix it.

GK User
Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:47 pm
Thank you teitbite. I learned some new things :-)
There was a problem with the index.php

The site is running, but complaining about the following. Someone told me, that it could be caused by the skin or a module. I hope it'll be the last problme. Thank you very much in advance!

Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplicationSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /www/htdocs/w01297f8/pug-monheim.de/templates/gk_twn2/lib/gk.framework.php on line 603

Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplicationCms::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /www/htdocs/w01297f8/pug-monheim.de/libraries/cms/application/site.php on line 272

Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplicationSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /www/htdocs/w01297f8/pug-monheim.de/templates/gk_twn2/lib/gk.framework.php on line 603

Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplicationCms::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /www/htdocs/w01297f8/pug-monheim.de/libraries/cms/application/site.php on line 272

contract editAktualisierte Beiträge: ++ contract edit Aktueller Elternleitfaden ++contract edit Klausurpläne ++ clapperboard Talentbühne 2015 ++ clapperboard Mo.Ki Video ++ news-icon Andere Presse ++ ...
A+
A
A-

Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:40 pm
Hi

So is the fatal error causing the site to break fixed ?

"Strict Standards" are simply notifications. It means that code was created using old programming standards. Code will still works, but it's a way to tell programmers to revise their syntax to construct code according to newest standards. Nothing to worry about and removing it by disabling showing errors again (in global joomla configuration this time) is a fine solution.

GK User
Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:16 am
The site is finally shut down by the host because many problems have been caused by some bad scripts / plugins which lead to infected files. It is a mess and our school needs the site urgently back.

So I had to reinstall the page on a different server. All Akkeba backups have damaged headers etc... :-/
So no luck with that.

1. Now, I installed Joomla on a new page. --> aktepe.org/pug
2. I installed the Skin.
3. I installed the extra files.
4. I uploaded some backgrounds and banners
5. I reuploaded an old json file.
6. I uploaded an old css overide.
7. I used J2XML to reimport tags / categories / articles...

Now I wanted to set the menus and the content right but it says ERROR / JHTML Icon not found etc.

I hope you can help me out for a second here. The site is on: aktepe.org/pug

Thanks in advance
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:25 pm
It somehow worked. I reinstalled some of the things again.
I think it depended on the CACHE settings ?!?
I can't figure out which caches should be enabled or disabled.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:57 pm
One more question :-/ I have problems with TYPO :-/

Warning
Failed loading XML file.
/customers/f/a/1/aktepe.org/httpd.www/pug/templates//typography/
failed to load external entity "/customers/f/a/1/aktepe.org/httpd.www/pug/templates//typography/"
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:46 am
Hi

This means that typography plugin has no defined style. Simply go to typography plugin settings, select the one with the name of a template You are using and save it.

GK User
Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:24 pm
Dear teitbite ! Thank you very very very much :-)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:24 am
Hi
Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.