The World News II for Joomla 3.2.0

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:13 pm
Hiya,
Will you prepare template The World News II for Joomla 3.2.0?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:00 pm
Due to fact that this template is not supported we don't have plans to prepare version for Joomla! 3.2. All supported templates (latest 24) are ready for J!3.2
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:52 pm
Thanks bkrztuk,
Could you suggest another template then or do you have a plan to publish something simillar shortly (lot of colums and lot of module positions) template pls?
I found league news only for J3.2.0 but its almost 2 years old too. No points to spend time to personalize it on J.3.2.0
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:58 am
Please look at News template which is also designed for News portals.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:59 am
I can understand your point, but i'd like to say that i'd also like to see world news available for j3.2.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Thanks bkrztuk,
I've checked News template but same problem there. There isnt left, right (at same time), top and bottom (minimum 3 columns) module poitions, so League News the last one which I can use but I think it will be not available for joomla 3.5. Then, if I am right, there is no template by gavick which i can use anymore (and I think many more users) who enjoyed a lot of module positions on your template.
So, please make any template by over 40 module positions, included minimum 6 top, 6 bottom, left and right (inset positions also recommended). I dont care the template designed for news portals, real estate website or even restaurant :) I can customize it but I cant make extra (important) module positions.
Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:57 pm
You can always customize any template by adding your own module positions http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-extensions/how-to-add-new-module-position/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:53 pm
I'm quite concerned that this template is unsupported.
I've only just purchased it (3 months ago) and now I find it won't be tweaked for the current 3.2.0

If I had known this, I would have chosen a different template.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:28 am
We support always last 24 templates so every template after release have around 2 years of support.

Joomla! Templates support

GavickPro commits to supporting our Joomla! templates for up to twenty-four (24) months following release. This decision was necessary in order to maintain a release schedule for our Joomla! templates that takes into account the latest standards and Joomla! releases whilst maintaining our professional standards of quality.

More you will find here : Terms and Conditions
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:02 pm
Hi bkrztuk,
I think what's confusing me, is that The World News II template is dated Sunday, 31 July 2011

However, I purchased it in August of 2013 after support was discontinued (a fact that I was unaware of).

Shouldn't the template have been withdrawn from sale?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:05 pm
We say that we support latest 24 products in our rules and in fact older template are still working fine apart support for new 3rd party extensions updates. TWN II was one of templates released for Joomla! 2.5 not for J!3 and this is why it don't get the update.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:36 pm
I would like to ask a odd question.
I was working with this template, but I didnt know that it wasnt made for the new Joomla Versions.
I'm working with Joomla! 3.2.2 Stable.
I though that the is somehow running. But should I expect some errors?
Or should I install an older joomla version or would you suggest another template.
What I like most is the menu (style) of the news template. Are there any similar ones?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:40 am
Template for Joomla! 2.5 is not compatible with Joomla! 3.x and after installation back-end may work properly but you get several errors on front-end.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 am
Thanks for the quick reply.
But I thought World News 2 is somehow compatible with Joomla 3, because you can find it under joomla 3 templates and it says: gk_twn2_J!3.zip ?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:28 am
Sorry I thought that you are asking about The World News (the old one). Sure TWN II is compatible with Joomla! 3.x
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:15 pm
bkrztuk wrote:You can always customize any template by adding your own module positions http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joomla-extensions/how-to-add-new-module-position/

Hi bkrztuk,
Followed all steps, tried to make "banner_center" on Game template betwen "banner_left" and "banner_right" but have no luck, it doesnt work for me.
I've uploaded modded templateDetails.xml, gk.const.php and default.php
moddedfiles.ZIP

Could you check them pls?
Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:55 am
Could you show me your website? Did you publish any content on this new module positions?
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.