Upgrading template from 2.5 to 3.0+

GK User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:21 pm
Hey guys,

I'm looking to try and upgrade my TWN2 template and my installed extensions to it's 3.0 version. What's the best way to go about doing this? Thanks for the help!!!

www.IntheNOLA.com
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:09 pm
Hi.
1) Current stable version is Joomla 3.2, not 3.0
2) If you have J2.5 and you're happy - wait until Joomla 3.5 will be ready in next 3-4 months. Right now J3.2 have small "bugs" which cases irritations.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:18 pm
p.s.
But if you have at least 2-3 days free - you can try with migration/upgrade process
1) Back-up
2) Check if all modules, components and plugins which you used on J2.5 - have counterparts for J3.2
3) Always do/test migration on subdomain or inside folder not on live site, because you can lost patience after hours of customization.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:35 pm
Thanks for the insight...I think I'll wait for 3.5.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:27 pm
Jegonza89 wrote:Thanks for the insight...I think I'll wait for 3.5.

Good choice.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:02 pm
Hi Oscar,

I know this is an old thread, but since J3.5 has yet to be released, what advice can you give for upgrading TWNII to be J3.3.6 compatible?

Thanks,
Railer
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:03 am
Most sooner will be J3.4 of course.
About TWN II - this is very old template, so is not supported anymore, and won't be.
But if you're using its J2.5 version you can try, on test sub-domain make a upgrade into J3.3 and check if most of features will work.
You can also hire one of GK moderators to help you with this migration.
Anyway I warn you, you have put in some work to get good result.

About future, I cannot say if they will be or not similar template, because even I don't know.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:09 am
I almost forget , here you will find template version forJ3.3: https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla- ... worldnews2
should work.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:45 am
Oscar E wrote:I almost forget , here you will find template version forJ3.3: https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla- ... worldnews2
should work.

That link no longer works. It is taking me to the Logout page. By the way, I am now using TWN II template with Joomla 3.4.8. I'd like to upgrade Joomla to 3.5.1. Do you think there would be any problems?
Gold Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.