controlling menu style

GK User
Sun May 26, 2013 9:56 am
i need to create a menu and positioning it just below the mainmenu (one of the "top" position): how to control his style to have it horizontal for example as the mainmenu??? thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 26, 2013 5:45 pm
Hi

Ok. That's a customisation we do not support, but I'm gonna help You with it.

First please edit /layout/default.php and right under line 68 You will see this:

Code: Select all
              <div id="gkMainMenu">
                 <?php
                    $this->menu->loadMenu($this->getParam('menu_name','mainmenu'));
                     $this->menu->genMenu($this->getParam('startlevel', 0), $this->getParam('endlevel',-1));
                 ?>
              </div>

add this under it

Code: Select all
<div id="gkMainMenu">
   <jdoc:include type="modules" name="belowmenu" />
</div>

than take menu module and publish it in position "belowmenu". When You do that please show me Your site, so I'll tell You css part.

GK User
Sun May 26, 2013 9:10 pm
i did what you said but the position "belowmenu" doesn't appear in the drop-down list of the module i want to position...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon May 27, 2013 9:55 pm
don't i have to edit xml file too? i repeat: no "belowmenu" option in module position dropdown list...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 28, 2013 9:43 am
Hi

Yes You can add it to template's xml to see it on the list. But joomla allows to type the name of a module positions which are not visible in dropdown, so You can use it this way too.

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 12:46 pm
ok, i had to edit xml: i assure i can't type instead of selecting from dropdown!

now frontpage look like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4395035/menu.pdf

it' mandatory for me having k2 category menu horizontally below the mainmenu please help!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 30, 2013 3:16 pm
Hi

It's ok. Leave it like that and when site will be online get back to me, so I'll tell You the code to make it show horizontally.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.