Subject: Warning JAuthentication: :__construct: Could not lo

GK User
Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:12 pm
Hello,

I have a huge problem, and hope somebody can help me!
When trying to log in to the administration-part of the website I am working on this error message appers:

Warning
JAuthentication: :__construct: Could not load authentication libraries.

I am unable to log in. I googled the problem and it seems I changed the settings so that the super user can't lgoin anymore :-(. Ifound a few solutions where you change the user profile in the phpmyadmin section. The examples say to change the jos_plugins. I can't find jos_plugins. The name in Myfolio seems to be different.

I am new at Joomla and I am totally at a loss here. Do you have a solution for me?

Thank you so much in advance for any help!

Laila
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:15 pm
by the way I forgot an important detail: I'm working with Joomla 3.1
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:17 pm
Hi

I agree it's a problem with wrong permissions for administrator. Please send me an access to joomla panel I should log into it and url and access to phpMyAdmin. I'll try fix it for You.

Any tips what configuration have You been changing before this happened ?

teitbite
Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:57 pm
Hi

I got Your files, but it's extremely hard to find it in a dry environment. Please try to install a clean joomla, recreate users as close as possible and replace a sql code for tables responsible for users and user groups. This should fix the problem.

GK User
Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:33 pm
Hi Teitbite,

I have just created the same problem: "JAuthentication: :__construct: Could not load authentication libraries"
http://manfredneustifter.com/administrator
(you have my log in details as from before but I can PM you again)

I know perhaps what happened, just before I got locked out i disabled all plugins accidentally, then before I locked me out I began to enable some plugins again but then it shut me out.

all other advice online suggests toggle jos_plugins to "1" but of course there is no such thing that i can see. If you know where the joomla authentication is / or if you know how to fix this please do...

you legend Teitbite!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:26 pm
Hi

You need to make it in phpMyAdmin. Unfortunately I have deleted an access to Your host and database where this has to be done. Please check the configuration.php file for the table prefix to find a proper table this has to be changed in.

teitbite
Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:06 am
Hi

I'm afraid enabling all plugins made no differentce. Looks like the plugin from question does not exist. I think fastest option would be to install the quickstart again.

GK User
Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:33 am
Ok, speaking of fastest option, to re-install the quickstart again is fine, if you remember there were some idiosyncrasies of the bluehost setup that I had not done right the first time so can you please do that? I am just wary of the amount of back and forth and long long time it has taken to make progress here.

[access edited by moderator]
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:39 pm
Hi

Sorry for delay. This thread was marked as solved and was not showing in moderator tool, I just got here by accident ;/

I've reinstalled the quickstart. You can access it in http://manfredneustifter.com/gk_creativ ... start_J30/
Access to admininistrator part is admin / demo (please change it when you will successfully login).

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.