[SOLVED] Slide Problems on mod_gk2_vm_header

Multi-purpose Joomla template including ecommerce features and beautiful design
GK User
Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:39 pm
I have installed the new up to date version of this template and now when I insert a slide into the mod_gk2_vm_header component the slide gets duplicated (It shows twice on the frontend - so for example if i enter 3 slides I get 6 on the frontend but on the back end it will say 3). I tried this with many different images and still everything gets inserted twice. Now on the administrator panel etc it says one slide but on the front end it will show the same slide and product twice.

Everything installed correctly and all writes and plugins are enabled. I need some help as I have been on this for a few days now uninstalling it and reinstalling it and I cannot go live with my site until I fix the error.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:43 pm
It's a bug that we fix with this attach file.

This happens because some of your products are set in more then 1 category.

So, please download this file, unpack and replace the helper.php file located on .../modules/mod_gk2_vm_header/

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:17 pm
Hi thanks for this file helper.php file. However it solved the duplication of the slides but now the slides just flash on and off every few seconds even if the group is set to 3 slides and no more they flash on and off and i cannot load more than 2 slides in anyways. So yes it did fix the duplication but created this other problem.

Can you help with this?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:21 pm
Basically I got it to load 3 slides now - but after it loads the 3 slides they all flash on and off repeatedly ever 1 second or so.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:21 pm
Administrator

GK User
Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:42 pm
Thank you for the prompt response - much appreciated. All the fixes worked well but the titles on the screen are a little off center and a bit small now but i guess il just have to get my hands dirty and fix it somewhere in the css or something.

But yes the main bugs are fixed here - great work. ;)
Gold Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.