[SOLVED] Advert2 and style Switcher visibility

Best Joomla template designed for music based websites discussion forum.
GK User
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:23 pm
How do I make these two modules visible by default without having to click the login link?
Fresh Boarder

Seichinha
Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 am
Hi

Well, try do like this:

Important: Back the files first!

Open the template_scripts.js file and change the line:

Code: Select all
var memberarea1 = new Fx.Opacity($('memberarea'),{duration: 350}).hide();
var memberarea2 = new Fx.Height($('memberarea'),{duration: 350}).hide();

to

var memberarea1 = new Fx.Opacity($('memberarea'),{duration: 350}).show();
var memberarea2 = new Fx.Height($('memberarea'),{duration: 350}).show();

Them, open the index.php file on template folder and change this:

<?php if($register_link) : ?><a href="index.php?option=com_user&task=register"><?php echo JText::_("Register");?></a><?php endif;?>
<?php if($login_link) : ?><a href="#" id="remember" class="bl"><?php echo JText::_("Login");?></a><?php endif;?>

to this:

<?php if($register_link) : ?><a href="index.php?option=com_user&task=register"><?php echo JText::_("");?></a><?php endif;?>
<?php if($login_link) : ?><a href="#" id="remember"><?php echo JText::_("");?></a><?php endif;?>

That should do the job!

Cheers ;)

GK User
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:43 pm
this is 75% solved for the login module! How do you make the login link to say 'logout' when the user has logged in?

Also, how can you make the User Menu appear in the middle of advert2 like here on Gavick.com (layout all nicely), rather than bang on top of the logout button in advert2?

Plus how can you make the advert2 bar appear when you click the login link then the 'login' disppears after the user has logged in?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:19 pm
I also changed the visibility of advert2 on the described way and it works fine.

But I have another question: where are buttons for edotor and publisher to allow them to confirm/publish an article? -There is only submit buton...
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.