HOW TO USE VIRTUEMART LOGIN MODULE?

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:45 pm
Your templates THE NEWS II is FORCING ME AND ALL YOUR BUYERS to use ONLY THE LOGIN MODULE FROM JOOMLA and DO NOT ALLOW TO USE VIRTUEMART LOGIN!

Support on this forum is 0.

What do you intend to do about this matter???
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:43 am
Thank you for your evaluation.
We appreciate???... :huh:

First off all, like i explain you on the another post, you can disable or enable the login and register buttons on The News II template parameters.

Second, this is not a template made for Virtuemart component. We can adjust that, by giving the support needed, but this is another issue.

Anyway, if you want to you the login and register button for the virtuemart in The News II template, you must have the Virtuemart Login form module installed and published on the "login" position. Naturally, you have to disable the normal joomla login form module.
Them, download this file attach, unpack and replace the mod_virtuemart_login.php file.

Also, open the index.php file on The News II template directory and search this lines:

Code: Select all
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&task=register' ); ?>"><span><?php echo JText::_('REGISTER'); ?></a>

Replace the
index.php?option=com_user&task=register
with the relative link to virtuemart login.

That should do the job.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:13 am
I already tried all of this (before you answered) and doesn't work.
When I click on Register link
http://www.quarkxpress.ro/index.php?opt ... Itemid=101

I am redirected to:
http://www.quarkxpress.ro/index.php?opt ... lkPTEwMQ==

no matter what I want.

By the way: evaluation comes with the territory. And as you can see ... support means solving not just posting an answer with the subject changed.
Fresh Boarder

Robert Gavick
Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:41 am
We support only CMS Joomla and our extensions. So I understand what this means: "You FORCE us to USE ONLY LOGIN MODULE FROM JOOMLA".
Administrator

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:43 am
As far as Joomla is a CMS that allows changing the login, why don't you?
Fresh Boarder

Robert Gavick
Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:47 am
'Couse this is custom work. Only Developer license allows to such support.
You have to know, this is not problem connected with our product but with the implementation of the 3rd party extension.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:15 pm
By the way: evaluation comes with the territory. And as you can see ... support means solving not just posting an answer with the subject changed

Mate, i did reply with the solution correctly.
And about the subject change... you don't want to take this solution only for you, would you? So, it's better to change the subject for others find it faster, would you not agree?

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:45 pm
Your solution needs a little bit more...
I spent more than 3 hours with other adjustments starting from your solution.
Anyway it's a good thing that finally I succeeded to solve the problem.

I wish you all the best in supporting this forum as you did when someone is ... let's say ... using another way of asking. Should give you a feedback...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:50 pm
Mate, if you spend more 3 hours to adjust this, you could place here your solutions to other's.

That would be nice! ;)

Here's another way of asking:
"I know that this is not your obligation, but could you help with this?"

About the feedback... you are all free to say what ever you need or want to say. ;)

Cheers Mate ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:26 pm
I have a similar question relating to community builder. I can change the URL to the CB Registration page, but since the Global registration is turned off the button does not show up.

What do I need to change in the following code from the index.php, pasted below.
As far as ignoring the 'allowuserregistration'

<div class="lf">
                                <?php if($login_button) : ?>
                                <a href="#" id="btn_login"><span>Login</span></a>
                                <?php endif; ?>
                                <?php
      $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_users' );
      if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) : ?>
                                <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers' ); ?>"><span><?php echo JText::_('REGISTER'); ?></a>
                                </span>
                                </a>
                                <?php endif; ?>
                        </div>
Fresh Boarder

Robert Gavick
Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:32 pm
plccorp wrote:
Your templates THE NEWS II is FORCING ME AND ALL YOUR BUYERS to use ONLY THE LOGIN MODULE FROM JOOMLA and DO NOT ALLOW TO USE VIRTUEMART LOGIN!

Yeap, we support only the Joomla default login module 'couse we are the Joomla Developer. If you have the problem with the 3dparty extensions look for the help at their owners.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 pm
I don't suppose you could have answered the question while you here. Rather than telling people to go somewhere else or create their own CMS, why not answer more question?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:20 am
Hi,

maybe I have stupid question, but if you want to use CB, why don´t you use plugin that redirect all registration from joomla core login directly to CB login? This would mean zero adjustments to code.

Just took for it on extensions on joomla.org....
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-management/5191/details

I use it also on my website.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:25 pm
Yes, plccorp we get that you're upset and that you spent time figuring this out and getting it to work. We appreciate your brilliance, but why don't you take the time to post your solution and helping others with the same problem instead of keeping this information selfishly to yourself - that's kind of the idea of a forum. The deal is "forum support" not "individually hand held support just for you." Your attitude that you figured out how to integrate a 3rd party component into a template, so Gavick should as well is ludicrous. Ask others to help and if they can't ask virtuemart. But for the love of Pete, when you have a solution post it.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.